W I L L O W

"Wherever you stray, i follow. I'm begging for you to take my hand. Wreck my plans, that's my man."

L A N E Y ' S P O V

To summarize Jackie's first day of school would to put it simply as chaotic. Poor girl was terrified. Of course Coke decided to invite her to sit with his group of friends at lunch which Erin did not like. Jackie also met Skylar and Grace. Cole also left without Jackie, not even bothering to wait for her, against Lainey's protests to wait just 10 minutes.

Lainey's day was fine. Just like any other school day. Sitting with Isaac. Walking to class with Isaac. Pretty much everything she did was with Isaac. The two were attached at the hip since they met.

Once a week at the Walter household, Lainey and Sahara cook dinner for the family, taking the weight off of Katherine and George's shoulders and letting them have one night off. The girls always help with dinner though. Tonight the girls were making Alfredo. Both of them busy at the stove with Isaac and Lee arguing at the dining room table as well as Lainey's playlist softly playing from her phone. Lainey couldn't do a single thing in life without having music playing in the background.

"Hey, dumb and dumber come help with the Alfredo." Sahara says

"Pretty please." I add on. That's was enough for Isaac to jump up and come help, pulling Lee with him.

The girls gave each boy a task. Isaac was at the stove helping Lainey while Lee was at the counter helping Sahara. Sahara and Lee were making the garlic bread and prepping the chicken. Lainey and Isaac were cooking the noodles and making the sauce. Soon enough dinner was done. As everyone started eating Jackie reached down and grabbed something. Before I could even blink Jackie screams and splatters Alfredo all over her Ralph Lauren sweater. She was holding Rumple, Jordan's snake. I remember the boy saying something about having lost the snake again. I zone out, lost in my thoughts but i'm snapped out of it when Jackie storms off into her room saying that she was fine and that everything was fine.

Once everyone gets done I fix a plate for Jackie and ask someone to take it up to her. Coke ends up taking the task at hand. I run up stairs shortly after to put my phone on charge. As i'm walking back I hear Jackie and Cole's conversation

"Any other wild animals I should worry about? Jackie asks

"Just Isaac." Cole replies

"Leave the poor boy alone." I say dropping in.

"Oh you're only saying that because he's your boyfriend." Cole says. I roll my eyes before walking out. Cole yells something about me not denying it and I pretend not to hear him.

"I'm who's boyfriend?" Isaac asks as I return to the kitchen starting to help him wash the dishes as I promised.

"Mine according to Cole." I say rolling my eyes once again.

"Oh really now?" Isaac asks looking at me.

"Yup." I say looking back at him. Holding eye contact "Who says he isn't Jackie's?" I say still not breaking the eye contact.

Isaac laughs, breaking the eye contact and going back to washing the dishes. I do the same.

We finally get them all washed. And I decide to get ready for bed.

"Hey, do you wanna have our weekly movie night?" Isaac asks from
behind me and he follows me up the stairs.

"Sure but I can't promise I won't fall asleep like 30 minutes in." I say as we head into my room. I get changed while Isaac picks the movie. He picked 10 Things I Hate About You for the 50th time. We may have an addiction.

We get settled under my comforter as I lay my head on his chest. Nobody questioned us anymore. This was normal for us. Isaac and I have always been close. Touchy if you will considering physical touch is both our love language. Nothing inappropriate. Flirty friendship is what Sahara calls it. Call it what you want.

"Hey Lainey?" Isaac says

"Hey Isaac?" I reply

"Can I tell you something?" Isaac says, nervously. he's hardly ever nervous. most the time he doesn't even show it.

"Of course. You know you can tell me anything." I say smiling slightly.

"I like you. Like a lot. I have for a while, I just never realized it." Isaac says. I start to smile more.

"Isaac. I like you too. Like a lot." I say, barely forming words as I was shocked. I'd never thought he'd like me like I like him.

"Can I be your boyfriend?" Isaac asks

I don't say a word. I hug him tight. That was enough for him to know my answer.

I start to feel sleep slightly take over my body but I fight it order to stay awake and watch the movie. But Isaac notices.

"Go to sleep Lanes. It's ok." He says smiling at me. God that smile. Snap out of it Lainey!

"But the movie." I say before he cuts me off

"Lanes. We've watched this over 20 times. You could recited every word. It's ok really, go to sleep." He says.

"Are you staying?" I ask him

"Only if you want me to." He says smiling once again.

"Stay." I say, he complies as I fall asleep.

~ Marie Spills the Tea~
PUBLISHED: 12/27/23

WORD COUNT: 970

I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER!! I KNOW IT IS SUPER EARLY IN THE STORY BUT PLEASE REMEMBER THAT ISAAC AND LAINEY HAVE KNOWN EACH OTHER SINCE THEY WERE LITTLE. THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING OF THEIR STORY!!

DONT FORGET TO COMMENT AND VOTE!!

I LOVE YOU ALL!!! HAPPY READING LOVELYS!!! <333