H I T S D I F F E R E N T

"It hits different cause it's you."

L A I N E Y ' S P O V

Today was Lainey and Sahara's least favorite day of the year since their parents divorce. Today was Thanksgiving. The Walters had made it better for them throughout the years though.

Jackie had gone to deliver food drive bags to people with Erin. Alex and Nathan went to the Summerhills to see Skylars dad talk about the real history of thanksgiving.

Sahara and I spent the day in the kitchen preparing our dishes for thanksgiving dinner later tonight. I was making Fudge Brownies and Sahara was making s'mores cookies. We both made mac n cheese as well. Jackie had come to learn that we cook or bake a lot. We grew up doing it. We are also very bad stress bakers. But we know how to make good food so it has it's props. Isaac was in the kitchen as well just keeping us company. My playlist playing from my phone, we were all laughing and talking.

Jackie's uncle Richard was invited to spend thanksgiving with us.

"Hi, I'm Lainey! It's nice to meet you! We are so glad that you could join us!" I say, my usual hyper attitude shining through. Sahara introduces herself shortly after.

"Ooo! Girls we also have 2 other guests coming!" Katherine says

"Who?" Sahara and I ask in sync.

"It's a surprise!"Katherine says before we all go back into the kitchen.

Lee storms into the kitchen, ripping open the fridge and grabbing a bottle of wine. Jordan says something about it as Katherine runs over and gives him something else to drink.

Isaac comes into the kitchen shortly after, coming straight over to me.

"Dad call not go well?" I ask immediately, seeing the look on both the brothers faces.

"He didn't show." He says

George says something about everyone under the age of 35 to get out of the kitchen. I ask Katherine to keep an eye on my brownies that were in the oven as I walked out.

We all decided to go into the living room to watch the football game. There was a knock on the door so Katherine asked for Sahara and I to get it.

I open the door and I instantly freeze. Not just because it was freezing outside. Because my parents were standing right in front of me.

"What are you doing here?" I ask

"Well, it's Thanksgiving. We thought we would come this year." My dad says

"Why this year though? Why not every other year before now?" I ask, absolutely furious.

"You aren't happy bug?" My mom says, using my childhood nickname.