I N V I S I B L E S T R I N G

"One single thread of gold tied me to you."

L A I N E Y ' S P O V

Today was like any other normal day. Jackie had set a beautiful teapot on the side of the sink while she went to get a glass for some water when Parker accidentally bumped into it causing it to fall in the sink and shatter. Jackie stormed out of the kitchen saying that she was fine over and over again.

Speaking of Parker, she was feeling a bit better today. She was still upset with Cole which understandable. I was even upset with him. Though I had been upset with him for over a year now. We'll get to that story any other time though.

I went upstairs to check on Jackie. She told me that today was her older sister birthday and that the teapot was hers. She told me to tell Parker that she wasn't upset with her which Parker was very relieved to hear. Another thing we have in common. We hate knowing when people we love are mad or upset with us. Now if its someone that we don't know personally, we could care less.

I sat beside Isaac on the couch as we waited for everyone else to get done doing whatever they needed to do before leaving for school.

Soon enough everyone piled into the caravan. Sahara and I not even glancing Cole's way. What can I say we hold grudges even over the smallest things.

We had arrived at school and the day went like any other. At lunch I found out that Jackie had decided to skip the rest of the school day to go to a party... with Cole. The mistake all of us had made one too many times. Whenever you went to a party with Cole, he would end up coming home drunk out of his mind. Or in some cases it would be you. Or you know you could have the rare occasion where it ends up being both of you. We all know now to never go to a party with Cole.

The day went on and soon enough we were back home. We had eaten dinner already. Cole and Jackie weren't home yet. Which was normal but Katherine was still a bit freaked.

Isaac and I were currently in my room as usual. We were currently laying in my bed watching whatever show was on my tv. Occasionally showing each other tiktok's or instagram posts.

All of a sudden we heard loud voice downstairs Cole and Jackie. I give Isaac a look as to say that we needed to go down there and make sure everything was ok. He whined, not wanting to get out of my bed. Complaining all the way down the stairs. I shush him as we finally make it to where Cole and Jackie are. Jackie was the one drunk. Surprisingly Cole was completely sober. I leave Isaac to deal with Cole as I take Jackie into the downstairs bathroom.

"Hey Isaac?" I yell

"Hey Lanes!" He yells back

"Could you bring me a glass of water?" I ask

"What's the magic word?" Isaac replies, a slight smirk on his face.

"Im not saying please. Get me a glass of water." I say, rolling my eyes at the boy.

"Yes ma'am." Isaac says I think I just died.

A few seconds later, Isaac comes into the bathroom and hands the glass of water to Jackie before kissing my head. He tells me that he's gonna go back in my room which I told him was fine.

Soon enough I had gotten Jackie to sober up for the most part and got her upstairs and into her room before putting a bottle of advil on her bedside table.

I went back into my room and collapsed onto Isaac to which he just quietly laughs at.

"Who knew taking care of a drunk Jackie would be so exhausting?" I ask

"You weren't very much better." He says, I only nod in agreement.

"Isn't it crazy that we've known each other for pretty much our whole lives?" I ask after a few minutes. We talk about that for a few minutes before deciding to call it a day and go to sleep.

~Marie Spills the Tea~
PUBLISHED: 12/30/23

WORD COUNT: 762

Soooooo this chapter was a tad bit short but I promise I will make up for it!!

I hope you all enjoyed!!

Don't forget to comment and vote!!!

I love you all!!! Happy Reading Lovelys!!! <333