L A B R Y R I N T H

"Oh, I'm falling in love. I thought the plane was going down. How'd you turn it right around?"

L A I N E Y ' P O V

This morning Katherine announced that she will be receiving an award for her hard work as a vet and there will be a gala to celebrate it.

We were all absolutely ecstatic. We've always been proud of Katherine. I think we've all looked up to her at some point because of how hard working she is.

At lunch, Erin tells me that her mom is absolutely furious with her because thinks she's throwing away her future since she is missing track practice and meets for play rehearsals. That just earned her parent of the year.

Since Erin has play rehearsal, Jackie is asked to run Erins event along with hers.

"I'm sorry Jackie. I wish we could stay but we have to study." I say, feeling bad for not being able to watch the girl compete.

"It's ok Lanes. I promise. I'll tell you all about it when I get home." Jackie says, giving me a hug before shooing me away to catch up with Sahara. Isaac was only a few feet in front of me.

I drove home as Sahara played music from her phone. we made Isaac sit in the back which he understood since Sahara is my sister after all.

Once we got home we studied just like we said we were. We studied until George called everyone down for dinner.

We all talked about our day and Jackie told us all about her track events that she won.

The next morning Cole was no where to be found.

Katherine has been stressing all morning between the gala and coke not being home. She was worried he wouldn't make it.

It was now an hour before the gala and Cole was still not home. Everyone has started to get ready now.

THE DRESS^^ (it's being paired with silver sparkly heels)

I slowly made my way down the stairs with Sahara who is the same thing as me except her dress is dark red and her heels are black and sparkly. Everyone was in the Kitchen, chatting amongst themselves.

Isaac and Katherine immediately look towards us as we enter the kitchen

"Girls. Oh my." Katherine says

"What? Do we not look ok?" I ask, panicking.

"You look like goddesses." Isaac says.

Sahara and I both smile at the boy's compliment.

"Still no Cole?" I ask, walking over to Isaac.

"Nope, Katherine is so stressed." Isaac says

"I swear if he doesn't show up I will actually beat him." Sahara says from beside me as I nod agreeing with her.

"I know you two will." Lee says

"Alright everyone! Let's go." George says as we all file out of the house, still no Cole.

We make it to the venue shortly after and I can see Danny angrily typing on his phone, messaging Cole.

A few minutes later Cole bursts through the doors. That's one way to make an entrance. He immediately asks for a drink. Same old Cole.

Cole ends up drinking a hefty amount before Will tells him to pull himself together but the drunken boy ignores him.

Finally Katherine gets up to do her speech. We all smile at her as she looks toward our table, incredibly proud of the woman who has raised us all. That was just the calm before the storm.

In the middle of Katherine's speech, Cole abruptly stands up and marches to the doors. On his way he runs into a waiter then continues to blame the water for being up during his moms speech. He's causing the biggest scene ever. Will quickly makes his way over and tells Cole to pull himself together which he ignores once again. Jackie then makes her way over and tells Cole to go outside. Cole immediately follows the girls orders.

Whipped.

I have no idea what went on outside but Cole never returned but Jackie did, with an upset look on her face and Wills arm around her shoulder trying to comfort her.

The whole family was silent the rest of the night. I gave Katherine a hug before I went to bed as a silent congratulations.

~Marie Spills the Tea~
PUBLISHED: 1/18/24

WORD COUNT: 727

I HOPE YOU ALL ENOYED!!

DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT AND VOTE!!!

I LOVE YOU ALL!!! HAPPY READING LOVELYS!!! <333