Chapter 6

Hunters POV:

"Your personal life saver has arrived, and I come bearing gifts!" Bellamy says when I open the door, he is holding the biggest bag of potatoes in one hand, and has his other arm wrapped around Atlas's neck. "I believe this is for you, and this belongs to you." He says shaking the potatoes, and then squeezing Atlas tighter, making him try to wiggle free. "You done yelling at Nick? Because I've got the necklace and already finished yelling at him and Sophie." I say, and Atlas scoffs but says yes. Bellamy lets go of him, and I let them both inside. "You're staying for dinner right?" I ask Bellamy as he brings the potatoes to the kitchen, and Atlas passes through, stealing a handful of chocolate chips. It's looking more and more like these stupid cookies won't be having chocolate chips in it. "Pop your head in and check on the boys when you go up, text me if they're fine, scream if they're not." I ask him and he salutes me, leaving Bellamy and I in the kitchen.

"Seems like you've had a rough day." He says and I nod, explaining how it all really started last night with the printer mishap. "Yikes, I can get my dad to take a look, see if he can save the printer before you go and buy a new one." He says. "Only if he has time, if not, don't worry about it. I should probably buy Atlas his own printer anyways since he's got so many essays this year." I say and he nods. We get the potatoes on to boil, and this asshole runs back to his car to grab everything else he brought for dinner. "You didn't have to buy a whole meal Bell, we could've just threw in some chicken nuggets to go with the mashed potatoes." I say but he scoffs. "Listen, I know you're not the greatest cook, that's Nick's department, but he's kind of being a dick today so now it's my department. That means get out of my kitchen, go watch the movie with the boys and I'll call you when the potatoes boil so they can come help." He says and I roll my eyes, but thank him and head upstairs.

I thought they'd have all been happy to be watching a movie right now, because that meant they'd get to watch a second one before bed, but I can never seem to get what I want. I walk in to find Spencer angrily watching cars, with his arms crossed, and Sebastian watching as well, but looking bored, probably because he hates rewatching movies. Alex is trying to focus on both the movie and Reid, who is hiding his face in Atlas chest. Atlas looks like the only happy one, watching the movie without a care in the world. "Spence, can you come help me with something real quick?" I say and he sighs before getting up and following me to my bedroom. "Kiddo, what are you so angry about? I thought you loved watching cars?" I ask him and he starts running his eyes to stop himself from crying. "I do love cars! I love cars so much it's my favorite! But-but Reid doesn't like it anymore! He didn't want to watch it with me, but he's my favorite twin and I love him so much and I want him to love cars too!" He cries. He's only 9, he shouldn't be feeling this stressed about everything. "Spence, I'm sure he likes cars too, maybe not as much as you, but he does." I say hugging him, but he pushes out my arms. "Then why won't he watch it with me! He used to watch it all the time and now he's being a-a butt!!" He says angrily, I just know his favorite thing to do when he gets older is call people assholes since his go to insult now always has something to do with butts. "Hey, listen, Reid loves you the most, you're his twin, so don't call him that. Sometimes you guys are going to like different things, like how you love running, and how he loves music. Did you ask him why he didn't want to watch?" I say and he angrily shakes his head. I bring him over to my bed to try and explain this better to him.

"Kiddo, do you remember when he was in the hospital for a long time?" I ask and he nods. "Do you remember why he was there?" I ask slowly, they're all loose cannons when we talk about the crash. He shakes his head this time, his therapist says that sometimes he just blocks parts of what happened out so he doesn't have to think about them, when he does that, we're supposed to gently remind him. "He was hurt because he was in a car crash, with mom and dad, remember?" I say and he frowns. "I know he used to watch cars with you all the time, but being in the car crash really scared him, so now sometimes he gets scared to watch cars, like this morning when he was scared to get into the car." I explain and he gasps, jumping off my bed. "I made him scared!? I didn't mean too! I-I even check for monsters under our bed and in our closet so he's not scared!" He says crying again. "I know, I know! You're such a good brother to him, and I know you didn't mean to scare him, you just didn't know. That's why you need to talk to him before getting angry. There was no reason for you to be so angry right?" I say and he nods.