ᴄʜᴘ.9 ┊ᴄᴏɴꜱᴇQᴜᴇɴᴄᴇꜱ ᴏꜰ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴꜱ

━━━━━━━━━━━━
❝Chapter 𝗇𝗂𝗇𝖾 ❞

𝖢𝗈𝗇𝗌𝖾𝗊𝗎𝖾𝗇𝖼𝖾𝗌 𝗈𝖿 𝗒𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝗈𝗐𝗇 𝖺𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌
━━━━━━━━━━━━

The House of Black was twisted.

They were a dramatic mess of prejudice, hatred, and rebellion, with a chaotic display of madness so deeply ingrained that people were afraid.

Sirius Aquila Black, the first of his name and the first lord of the most ancient and most noble house of Black, had passed down a saying. 'Blacks bow down to no one'. It was a saying passed down from generations and generations, the meaning changing as each Black interpreted it in their own way. Some used it to justify their sense of superiority, while a handful refused to bow down with their iron will. Over the years, they gathered up so much power, influence, and wealth, but what the House of Black could not gather up was their chaotic minds.

Mayhaps that's why the wizardkind was so fearful of them, or perhaps they prayed they didn't go cross with them because they knew the House of Black consisted of people who were tornadoes of lethal temper, moods, and attitudes, and looking at the scene in front of him, Sirius Orion Black, the third of his name, got why the rest of the wizarding world felt like that about them.

The scene in front of him was a peculiar change, a change that made him feel like he was high, like he had taken some of those herbs Marlene usually took.

His mercury gray eyes drifted right where Regulus was, his aristocratic face in a scowl and eyes narrowed, and then his eyes glanced left where Walburga Black was, both son and mother so lost in their fighting that they still didn't see the deadpan exhausted looks some members of the family were sending them.

For the first time in his life, it wasn't him and his mother who were fighting, but Regulus and his mother.

Sirius felt his lips tilt upwards slightly as he glanced at his uncle Alphard. The man was thoroughly amused by his younger nephew's newfound backbone.

The man had removed his burgundy-tinted sunglasses, set them aside, and was leaning back on the emerald couch, drinking his red currant run with a smirk.

"The audacity, Regulus Arcturus Black. A muggle of all people. Forgetting our tradition and our customs. I didn't raise you like this-"

"Actually, you didn't raise me at all; Kreature did."

Slapping a hand on his mouth, Sirius muffled his laughter at his mother's affronted expression, feeling slightly relieved that his father and grandfather, aunt Cassiopeia, and uncle Cygnus had gone to meet Lord Malfoy and Lord Lestrange to discuss some issues pertaining to the Wizengamot. His chuckles later increased to loud laughter again as he saw Uncle Alphard choke on his drink and cough in a miserable attempt to hide his laughter.