1 - 7 . Kill Barou: Vol. 1

⊱ ━━━━

⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

If you have 300 people in Blue Lock, starting off with 12 people on a team, how many teams would you have? Imagine one person from each team was kicked off. How many people would be left in Blue Lock? That answer was the number that was embroidered onto your body suit's arm.

You don't know how you had such a low score. Was it because you were a girl, and it was just the unfair way of the world? No. You know for a fact that the baldie did worse than you. You had that trick shot on the first day. You also practically only work out because nobody on your team cared to talk to you. The bald kid just slacks off. So you know you did better than Igarashi. Then why are you currently in the last spot?

When you enter the monitoring room, you only spot one person, a female. She doesn't look familiar, and if you have seen her, she's just never stuck. The woman looks stressed, with a light sweat on her complexion and frizzy red hair that's barely holding together. She's wearing a white suit with a black top and shiny golden earrings. Her heel rhythmically taps against the cold flooring, as if more stressed about something looming over her shoulders than seeing if you would see her on time. Yet with how stressed she looks, she gives you a polite smile, ushering you in and giving you a seat.

"Mr. [l/n], please come in!" She looks up, offering the first real smile someone gave you at this facility. "Not to worry you, but you've seen your ranking, yes?"

"Yeah," you nod. "Is there something wrong with it?" You peek up now nervous.

"Mm, it's about that- you don't have to make that face, I'm sure it's an obvious mixup." She laughed, covering a hand over her lips. It seemed airy and fresh like the outside world you missed. "You see, I only have data on you for one day." She takes out the tablet she's holding and shows you data under the name [l/n] [b/n]. There's a blue bar under different categories such as speed, mobility, agility, jumping, etc. But after the first day, it drops all to zero. With how unimpressive it is, you wonder how you haven't gotten kicked out yet.

"I've seen you training, so you can see how this is a problem, right?"

"Of course," you nod, trying to figure out how this could have happened. There couldn't be a glitch or anything. "Wait, I did get a new suit."

Her ears pick up, and she's attentive, listening.

"The one Ego gave me at first didn't fit because it was too large. I think I got a new one the next day too."

"Ah, that's probably why your data was also messed up. It wasn't on you properly, so it couldn't collect the data it needed." She bent down to look at the suit. "It must have picked up on you when you were using it; that's how you have your ranking now."

"Then why don't I have a higher ranking?" you felt pathetic. It knew your data yet you were still in last.

"It must have not known your name, so it didn't put you in the system. It would be strange to have a John Doe in the system."