1 - 8 . Kill Barou: Vol. 2

⊱ ━━━━

⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

The field was tense; boys lined up, knowing their positions. You were situated in the goal, with the perfect view of the field. It was just as Anri had told you: observe and find out how their team works. It's not like you were going to score, but keeping the other team from scoring was more important than it looked.

"In the first selection, all fouls will be called by VAR."

Kunigami had approached you, an actually apologetic look gracing his features while holding something in his hands. "I'm sure Isagi already informed you of your position. Here," he held out gloves, flopping slightly in the air. "I should have said something or taken the position early. I'm the one you should be mad at. My apologies." He gave you a small bow, nothing compared to the 90-degree one Isagi had pulled off, but still a bow. You like to believe subtly was better fit for apologies so this one was perfect.

"Thanks," you grabbed the gloves and put them on your hands, the material fitting snugly, surprising you.

"Are they alright? My apologies if they're warm from my hands."

"No, no, it's fine... bro. You should get back, though."

"Ah, right." He gave you a last apologetic smile and walked back to his position.

Bachira had started with the ball, hand on his hip while talking to Isagi about something. But that was the last thing on your mind as you looked to try and find number 10 right at the center. Once he caught you glancing, more like scouted you out as well, he looked like a vein was going to pop out of his forehead. If looks could kill, you would have popped like a teenager's 3 am pimple.

The whistle blew, indicating that the match began, starting with Bachira making a pass to Isagi.

Your jaw dropped when not even a minute into the game Raichi had stolen the ball. 'What are you doing!?' you mouthed in sync with Isagi.

"The rules say the top scorer goes through, right? I don't care about the team. I'm doin' this my way."

You gulped your suspicions right about your team. 'One for all and all for one my ass.'

Luckily the only one with a head on his shoulders, Kunigami, swooped in and took the ball from him. "Now you're talking, Raichi. If that's how it works here, I'll make no bones about playing for myself."

'No! Kunigami! You're smarter than this!' You watched from afar as your teammates all rushed to the center, all trying to take the ball for themselves.

A random Team X player stole the ball while Kunigami and Raichi were fighting, but even the other team was fighting. The only one stuck in your position of doing nothing was Isagi, standing like a stick in the wind. That was until number 10 rushed into the crowd, stealing the ball, eyes only on you. It was horrifying the way he parted them as if they were children's toys.