1 - 9 . Kunigami's Steak

⊱ ━━━━

⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

The previous day was filled with trying to come up with a plan to use everyone's strengths. Something everyone else knew except for you, Isagi, and Chigiri to an extent. Thinking about it hurts, not your brain, but you as a person. You only knew the things Itoshi taught you, leeching off of him. You were just a Rin Itoshi wannabe. So you thought about his strengths, more like what didn't he have.

He had kick accuracy, something you didn't have, or at least perfect. Your spatial awareness was somewhat above average but nothing compared to his. You do remember one time after a game he watched you play in he said he was mad they didn't use more of your 'off the ball movements' whatever that meant. He told you it had something to do with positioning yourself when you weren't in contact with the ball. So you guess it was your positioning.

Adding onto the fact you didn't actually get to play the game made your slowly pilling up anger higher and higher. The only time you could and did show off was during tag.

But now today you had a chance to try and prove to your teammates you weren't a goalie. Or so you thought.

"Eh? Why isn't [l/n] goalie? He did well last time." Naruhaya leaned back onto the futon of the sleeping area. If blue lock was killing you that little boy was going to be in your note.

"Because he was the goalie last time," there was Kunigami sticking up for you again. You wondered if he would say the same thing for anyone else if they had the position.

"So? It's not like any of us want to do it. Besides, he's probably the best goalie we'll have." That was the first time Naruhaya complimented you. Even if he was trying to get something out of it, it felt somewhat reassuring.

"[b/n] can't be goalie! We promised each other we would create the perfect goal together didn't we?" Bachira appeared out of thin air grabbing your arm and leaning into it.

Did he just call you by your first name? Well, not you, your brother. He's not even close enough with Isagi to be on that level. And here he was saying your brother's given name so casually as if you had known each other for years.

"Only you care about that!" Raichi barked back.

"I'll be the goalkeeper for now..." Lemon raised his voice, cutting through the room. He gave you a small glance, somewhat reassuring you but the look wasn't meant for that effect. You couldn't help a small thought emerge in your mind. That thought was that he was testing out the waters for something. Almost like it was bait.

But during dinner, you couldn't help but sit on that thought. They were somewhat nice to you yesterday and today. It felt forced to an extent. Could they actually begin warming up to you? Could they actually be trying to be nice? Did Kunigami talk to them?

You spotted Isagi walking past you, almost tip-toeing with a concentrated look. His feet looked like they were trying to be light and delicate like a ballerina. His eyes were dilated, jaw shut biting on something, probably his tongue or the inside of his cheek. Not to mention you couldn't see his chest move. He was holding his breath.