Chapter Five

"I want you to stop seeing my son," Endeavor declared. "You're nothing but a distraction."

Following his stern words, I decided to distance myself from Toya both at school and at Sekoto Peak. However, I think breaking things off is best, so I told Toya to meet me at Sekoto Peak.

Toya approached me with a smile on his face. "Y/N? You wanted to see me?" Toya said, grabbing my hand. "Toya," I started, pulling my hands away. "W-We should stop seeing each other." My own words broke me. I watched Toya's smile fade away. "Why? Is it something I did? Y/N, ple—" I shook my head. "Toya, don't." I cut him off. "I-I..." I couldn't even finish my own sentence. "...I'm sorry. Oh my—I have to go."

It's been a week since our breakup. Toya and I pass each other in the hallways, pretending as if we're strangers. Occasionally, I notice him staring at me, but I choose to ignore it.

Now, three weeks have passed. I witnessed Toya engaging with another girl—talking, laughing, hanging out, and even training together. Endeavor was there, helping them in their training, clearly enjoying the company of the girl.

The only person who knew what was going on was Mei. I told her everything, and she was furious. I told her to forget about it, but she didn't let it slide.

● ● ●

I was at Sekoto Peak, staring into the stars. Suddenly, I heard a voice behind me. "Why didn't you tell me?" I jumped, turned around, and saw Toya standing there, looking furious. "W-What do you mean?" Toya tightened his fist. "You know exactly what I'm talking about!" Toya took steps toward me, and I instinctively moved backward until my back pressed against the tree.

"Why?" His voice cracked. "Why did you listen to him?"

"I was scared," I confessed, feeling tears welling up. "It doesn't matter anymore! You're no longer distracted. Plus, you look happy with that girl. Maybe you both were meant to b—" Toya silenced me with a kiss.

"She doesn't make me happy, Y/N! It's you, and only you. The way you make me feel is what drives me crazy—you ignite a fire inside of me. It's you who make my heart beat, doll." Toya declared, gently caressing my cheek. "I love you, Y/N." Tears streamed down my face, and he tenderly wiped them away before pulling me in for a kiss.

I drew back, locking eyes, and whispered, "I love you too." Toya seized my cheek, pulling me close, and our lips collided in a fiery, passionate kiss.

"Earth to Y/N!" Mei snapped her fingers in my face. "I'm surprised you're so distracted. There's a plate full of cookies, and you haven't touched one." Mei's jaw dropped. "Don't tell me you hate cookies now." I rolled my eyes. "I don't hate cookies. I've just been doing a lot of thinking." Mei didn't look surprised. "When are you not?" I stared at her with a deadpan face. "Sorry," she quickly apologized.

My one-week break was over. Yuki was now back in school, and I was back at the hospital. I wasn't upset about that, but what upset me was that Toya hadn't returned after that night.

I wanted Yuki to meet his father, but his father was too...busy. Thinking about this is making my head hurt. What kills me is that I should've asked for his number.

I'm such an idiot.

● ● ●

I was utterly exhausted, having to use a significant amount of my quirk. I was on the verge of passing out. My energy had been completely drained.

I picked up Yuki from school and drove to Fujiya Hospital to visit Rei. Every week, when we are not busy, I bring Yuki to Fujiya Hospital to see Rei. Of course, we don't arrive empty-handed. Yuki selects rindou flowers to place on Rei's windowsill.

I stood outside her door, where Yuki was jumping in excitement. When I opened it, Yuki ran inside and hugged Rei.

"Grandma Rei!" Yuki exclaimed, pulling out the flowers. "Look, I got you rindou flowers!"

Rei smiled. "They're beautiful!"

Yuki went to put it on the windowsill. Rei got up, approached me, and we both hugged. "You look tired."

I laughed. "Is it that obvious?" Rei nodded.

We sat down and talked about so many things. Later, we proceeded to the cafeteria to grab a bite and continued our conversation.

It was getting late, but Yuki refused to go home. I practically dragged him out.

As we walked to the car, I couldn't help but notice the smile on Yuki's face. Driven by curiosity, I had a question to ask him.

"Yuki, who is your favorite, Grandpa Enji or Grandma Rei?" I asked as I buckled him in. "Grandma Rei!" I chuckled at his answer.

● ● ●

I sat across from Yuki at the dining table. Yuki looked nervous as if he was in trouble.

"Yuki, I have to tell you something," I began. Yuki's expression shifted to confusion and concern. "I just found this out, but you can't tell anyone. This is our family secret." Yuki nodded.

I took a deep breath. "Your father is...alive." Yuki's jaw dropped.

"Dad is alive?" His shocked face turned into a smile. "Really? Dad is alive! When can I meet him?"

Fuck.

How do I tell him that his father showed up here but didn't introduce himself? How do I Yuki that while I was in the "shower," his father was fingering me? How do I explain that his father hadn't shown up after that day?

"Soon," I lied, "he's just busy with work."

I checked the time, realizing it was past Yuki's bedtime. "It's bedtime. Get in your pajamas and brush your teeth," I kissed his forehead. Yuki went upstairs, and I went to the kitchen. I opened the fridge and took out my chocolate chip mint ice cream. I jumped onto the kitchen counter, opened my ice cream, and ate a spoonful of my chocolate chip mint ice cream.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I pulled it out and checked who it was.

Unknown: Hello, doll.

Y/N: Toya? How did you get my number?

Unknown: I have my ways, doll.

I saved his number in my contacts.

Y/N: I want you to meet Yuki.

Toya 🫶: When?

Y/N: Can you do tomorrow?

Toya 🫶: Sure. However, I'm busy during the day, so I'll come over around 8:00.

Y/N: Thanks. Goodnight, Toya.

Toya 🫶: Night, doll.