Chapter Seventeen

(AN: In this scene, you're 20, and Yuki is 2.)

I was at the Todoroki Abode, sitting on the tatami mats, watching Yuki and Shoto play in the backyard. Their laughter filled the air, and I couldn't help but smile at them both.

A voice abruptly interrupted my thoughts. "Y/N," called a deep, demanding voice from behind me. I turned around to find Endeavor, standing there with a stern expression. "Endeavor," I responded, a hint of tension in my voice.

I walked alongside him until he came to a stop. "I've been watching Yuki," Endeavor said, his eyes focused on the boys in the yard. "Your son has potential, Y/N."

A weird feeling builds up in my chest.

I don't like where this is going.

"Consider my offer. I'll buy the house across the street, so you can live close to us," he proposed.

I sighed, a mixture of frustration and annoyance written on my face. "Endeavor, I appreciate your offer, but I'm good. I know what you're trying to do. I won't let you train my son."

Endeavor raised an eyebrow, his gaze unwavering. "You're holding him back. Don't you want the best for your son?"

I stood my ground, my eyes narrowing. "I want what's best for Yuki, but pushing him into hero training at such a young age isn't the answer. Yuki is not your successor, nor is he the "hope" for achieving your goals." Endeavor's expression hardened, but I stood firm, determined to protect my son.

"I won't allow you to turn Yuki into a weapon," I declared. "Yuki is not Shoto or Toya. He is my son, so don't you dare try anything." The tension lingered in the air as Endeavor turned and walked away.

My gaze returned to the two boys playing in the yard.

Yuki will find his own path, and I'll support him every step of the way.

● ● ●

Today was the day—the day we were moving to Kyoto. After packing everything, we loaded it into the car. Excitement and anticipation filled the air as we hit the road. Toya placed his hand on my thigh. "You okay, doll?" Toya whispered. I looked into his eyes and smiled. "Everything's fine," I murmured. "I'm just really excited."

As Toya drove, my eyes wandered over his body. Toya noticed my gaze. At a red light, he leaned in, his warm breath brushing against my ear as he whispered, "Keep looking at me like that, doll, and I might not be able to control myself." My cheeks flushed red. His words sent butterflies through my stomach.

● ● ●

We finally arrived at the house.

"Whoa! Is this our house?" Yuki exclaimed. "Yep, so let's start unpacking before it gets late."

"Let's begin with the living room," I suggested. Together, we all unpacked, setting up each room.

(AN: House tour. Also, this house is not in Kyoto, but go along with it. 😅)

 😅)