Chapter Ten

(AN: In this scene, Toya is 15, and you're 14.)

I gently placed my hands on his burns, healing them. "If you continue like this, it might harm your skin," I warned. Toya tenderly caressed my cheek, reassuring me. "I'm fine, doll." He leaned in and kissed me. "Why did I even team up with you guys? You're going to make me throw up," Mei exclaimed, rolling her eyes. "I hate third-wheeling."

"Shut up, fuckface," Toya said, pointing his middle finger at Mei. Mei responded by sticking out her tongue and also raising her middle finger. "You're one to talk, shitface!" Mei retorted.

"Will you two please be quiet?" I shot them both a stern glare. "Y/N, if you don't get your boyfriend, I'm going to hurt him."

"You're all talk, fuckface. I would like to see you try."

I give up.

I opened my eyes and saw Yuki sound asleep. I smiled and kissed his forehead. "I'm sorry for scaring you, Yuki."

● ● ●

After I explained what happened to Mei, she hugged me tightly, refusing to let go. "I think that's enough hugging," I said while patting her back.

"I need to know who the hero was that saved you," Mei sniffled. "I need to thank them." Right...I lied to her again. I explained everything to her, but I didn't mention Toya. I told her a hero saved me, even though it was actually a villain.

"I can take Yuki to school, and you can just rest," Mei said, grabbing her keys. "Thanks, Mei."

Mei went upstairs to wake Yuki up.

Last night, I went over to the Todoroki Abode to pick up Yuki. When Yuki saw me, he looked relieved. He hugged me and didn't want to let go. He was so worried I would get kidnapped again that he slept next to me to "protect" me.

Yuki ran downstairs, then toward me, and hugged me. "If someone comes, use my bat to defend yourself!" Yuki said, pointing to his baseball bat. "Be safe and careful, mommy!"

I kissed Yuki's forehead. "Thanks, Yuki."

"Let's go, kiddo!" Mei called out.

● ● ●

I lay on my bed, unsure of what to do. I scrolled through my phone, attempting to find something to entertain me, but there was nothing. Since I was bored, I decided to grab a snack.

I was in the kitchen, snacking on some pretzels when suddenly, the doorbell rang. My gaze shifted from Yuki's baseball bat to the door.

It rang again.

I took Yuki's bat and approached the door. With my hand firmly on the doorknob, I was prepared to swing it open. If it turned out to be a kidnapper, I was ready to defend myself with the bat.

I swung the door open and raised the bat into the air. Just as I was about to swing, I stopped when I met a pair of turquoise eyes.

My heart sank.

"Toya," I muttered, dropping the bat. "What are yo—" My gaze shifted down to his hand, where he was pressing against a wound on his waist. "Oh my God," I whispered.

"I'm fine, doll," he said. "That's not fine, Toya! You're losing a lot of blood! Let me help you!" I gently pulled him inside, guiding him onto the couch.

"Take your shirt off," I demanded. Toya took his shirt off, revealing the wound. I got on my knees, quickly putting my hand over his wound, and activated my quirk. Soft and soothing light emitted from my hands, gently healing the wounds and smoothly mending the torn flesh.