Chapter Twelve

(AN: In this scene, Toya is 8, and you're 7.)

"Toya, you seriously have to be more careful! Your quirk..." I bit my lip anxiously.

"Your body can't handle the heat." I pressed my hands on the burns on his chest, activating my quirk and healing them.

Toya placed his hand on mine, then moved his hand to my face, pulling me closer until our lips touched.

"Toya, please," I whispered. "Please stop pushing yourself. You're hurting yourself."

"I'm sorry for scaring you, doll," he said, gently wiping a tear from my eye. "I'll make it up to you by buying you cookies."

● ● ●

It was Yuki's birthday today. Every year for Yuki's birthday, we visit the same restaurant, Yakitori, along with the Todoroki family.

"Fuyumi! Natsuo! Shoto!" Yuki hugged each of them. "Happy birthday, Yuki!" They all said simultaneously, handing him bags of gifts. "My father couldn't make it, but he got you a present," Fuyumi added, handing another bag to Yuki.

"Thank you!" Yuki said, hugging each of them again.

It's been three weeks since I saw Toya. Yuki didn't understand the situation, and he also didn't know who "Dabi" was. I lied, making some stupid, dumb excuse, but in the end, Yuki believed me. I haven't brought it up, and it seems like he has forgotten what happened.

● ● ●

Yuki unwrapped the gift I had given him when, suddenly, there was a knock on the door. "I'll be right back," I said as I got up and walked towards the door. When I opened the door, I saw no one. I scanned the area. My gaze shifted down, seeing a wrapped box on my doorstep. There was a note attached to the box. I bent down and picked up the note.

"Mommy, who is at the door?" Yuki asked. "No one was at the door, but there's a birthday present for you." I brought the wrapped box inside and handed it to Yuki. "A present? From who?" I shrugged. The note didn't have a name, all it said was: To Yuki.

"Mommy, who is at the door?" Yuki asked. "No one was at the door, but there's a birthday present for you." I brought the wrapped box inside and handed it to Yuki. "A present? From who?" I shrugged. The note didn't have a name; it just had Yuki's name on it.

Before I closed the door, I looked around the area again.

I was thinking about who left the gift for Yuki, and one person came to mind.

Toya.

"What's inside, Yuki?"

"It's a Pikachu plush!" Yuki raised the Pikachu plush in the air and hugged it.

Pikachu is Yuki's favorite Pokémon.

It was definitely Toya.

● ● ●

(AN: In this scene, Toya is 19, and you're 18.)

I was cleaning the dishes when suddenly Toya wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his head on my shoulder. "Are you still mad at me?" He asked.

I ignored him.

"I'm sorry, Y/N," he said, kissing my shoulder. "Please, talk to me." He kissed my neck.

When I finished doing the dishes, Toya swiftly turned me to face him. "Tell me what you want, doll. Do you want me to beg for your forgiveness?" His words sent butterflies to my stomach.