Chapter 1

A/N I'M SO PROUD OF THE COVER PIC I SPENT LIKE 40 MINUTES MAKING IT AND LINING THE PICTURES UP TO THE SAME PIXELS. ANYWAYS ENJOY!

Lucy's POV
I'm fucking nervous the second I wake up. I have missed half the school year due to being thrown around from foster placement to foster placement but finally, I met Zoe Anderson. I swear she is my Guardian Angel. Just as I was about to give up. When I was at the lowest of lows. She arrested me. You must be thinking 'Are you insane!? How could she be your guardian angel?" She's my guardian angel because she saw I was in trouble. She listened. She offered me her home. She adopted me. I've known her for about a month and I've been her official daughter for two weeks. Zoe is the most patient and caring person I have ever met, so when she asked me about going back to school I reluctantly agreed knowing I at least owe it to her to try and go back.

Suddenly my door opens.

"Goooodmorning!" Zoe announces cheerfully as she wanders into my room.
"Morning Zoe." I smile slightly.

She comes up beside my bed and waves her hand to tell me to move over. I roll my eyes but scotch over so she has space to climb in.

"Warm in here." She says making me giggle a bit at her silliness.
"How are you feeling?" Zoe asks.
"Nervous. But I'll be ok." I shrug.
"Ok. Well just remember if you need anything or it gets too much you can call me and I'll come pick you up." She tells me softly.
"I know." I nod. "Thank you." I smile.
"Do you have your timetable and everything?" She asks me.

"Yeah." I nod.
"Awesome. Now I want some Lucy cuddles." She smiles and wraps her arms around me holding me close to her body.

I nuzzle into her chest and take a minute to feel calm.

"I'm so incredibly proud of you," Zoe whispers, catching me slightly off guard.
"Thank you. I'm so proud of you too." I smile.
"Alright kid, time to get ready for school," Zoe tells me tapping my shoulder.

I groan but roll out of bed and look for an outfit. I decide on some blue jeans, a tank top with a hoodie over and my Converse. I have a quick shower by habit and then I put on some makeup. I'm not much of a makeup girl so it doesn't take me long as I don't do much. I head downstairs where Zoe is conveniently serving up some pancakes.

"Cute outfit." Zoe smiles as she takes a seat at the counter next to me.
"Thanks." I grin.

We chat while we eat and then Zoe drives me to school. I haven't been here in about five months which is terrifying.

"Are you alright?" Zoe asks when I don't get out of the car straight away.
"Just scared," I whisper.
"It's ok if you're not ready for this yet," Zoe tells me.
"No. No. It's ok. Have a good day." I tell her.
"You too Luce." She tells me as I climb out of the car.

I wave to her and then start to walk inside. As I walk to my locker people are staring but I just look to my feet. I get to my locker but there is a group of students talking in front of it.

"Excuse me," I say making them all whip around.
"Are you new or something?" One of the girls asks.
"No," I answer.
"I haven't seen anyone at this locker the whole year." She says back.
"Nyla, stop being a bitch and move." A red-headed girl says.

The girl huffs and moves out of the way.

"Thanks." I nod.
"Wait a second. I know you!" The redhead says.
"Do you?" I ask inspecting her face closely.
"Yeah! You're Lucy Chen. We were in some classes together last year and we are in most of the classes together this year but you haven't been here." She says enthusiastically as I dump my stuff in my locker.
"You're Genny right?" I say finally remembering her.
"Yes! Tim remember we saw Mr and Mrs Chen and I asked them about her but they got all weird and stormed off?" She says.
"That was weird." One of the tall boys says.
"Because they aren't my parents anymore." I shrug but then realise what I said and slap my hand over my mouth.
"Really?" Genny asks.
"Uhm yeah. I was adopted two weeks ago and they lost custody of me two years ago." I whisper.
"Jeez." The group says.