FOUR

Jackson

The plan was simple, but oh it was perfect.

I have been going about everything wrong.

The Mist has been unstoppable since he began, however, everyone has a weak spot. Everyone.

Finding him was simple. He is incredibly sloppy in hiding his real identity and life. After our fight in the alleyway, I followed him to his home. Where I saw him and his girlfriend arguing. It seems she doesn't know about Misty's little secret life.

Oh, this is perfect, it's almost too easy.

After following her, I had intended to "accidentally" bump into her on the street, however, those disgusting human beings gave me another opportunity.

Upon meeting her, I can tell she's going to be hard to crack. But not impossible. It seems her relationship is already crumbling. Seducing her won't be hard. I saw how she was looking at me last night.

So, what is my plan as a whole?

Stealing his girl. Hitting him where it hurts. Damaging his weak spot. Once he sees me with her, he's going to be weaker than he has ever been. Which really, is his fault.

Love is a weakness.

Love makes you weak.

"So....you plan on being a side piece?" My brother, Marcus, says from the other side of the desk.

"What?"

"You plan on hooking up with a woman in a relationship, yes?" He asks.

I scoff in annoyance. "It is way more than that brother."

"And what happens if you come to truly like this girl?" Marcus questions with his eyes trained on mine.

"Brother, you have truly lost it if you honestly believe I would fall for some girl, let alone the girl of my enemy. Love is a weakness, and I can afford no weaknesses." I stand and walk to Marcus and bend down to his level. "You do not need love when you have power."

Marcus is quiet for a bit before nodding slowly with a small smile. "If you say so Jack." He too stands and walks to the door whistling before mumbling to himself, "If you say so."

I watch as he exits the room before I sigh and go back to my desk. I need to start planning this out. Everything must be perfect and the girl.... Whatever her name is, she can't know who I am or what is happening.

**

I sit inside the coffee shop, checking the time and impatiently waiting for 12. She should be here.... right now.

I glance up at the doors and just like magic she walks in. She's wearing a yellow sundress and black heels that make her taller. Her brown hair is curled down her back. I can't deny that she is very attractive. I will admit that seducing her will not be a grueling task.

The moment she enters the café, her eyes meet mine. She is clearly startled for a moment before she takes a deep breath and begins walking over towards me.

Perfect

"You are the guy from last night." She says but it comes out as more of a question.

"In the flesh." I tell her with a small smirk. Maintaining eye contact with her.

She shifts her weight from one foot to the other.

"Am I making you nervous darling?" I ask.

She shoots me a confused look before shaking her head. "No, I just uhm. I just wanted to thank you for last night. I mean I could have handled it myself. I always have pepper spray, but still, thank you for stepping in." She tells me.

I give her a fake smile. "Of course. What kind of man would I be to see that others are bothering such a...beautiful woman, and not do anything to stop them?" I reply smoothly.

She smiles down at her feet for a moment before looking back at me. "I never got your name."

"Jackson." I reply shortly.

"Amara." She holds her hand out for me to shake, but I gently take her hand and bring it up to my lips, pressing a light kiss on the back of her hand. "Wonderful to meet you, Amara."

She looks taken back as she retracts her hand from my grasp. "You as well, Jackson. I should probably order and be on my way, I wouldn't want to be late for work. Maybe I will see you around?"

I look to the side as if I'm thinking before nodding. "Maybe" as she walks over to the counter, I make my escape out of the shop before she can even notice.

**

"How many times do I have to tell you?!" I yell to my assistant. "Cut the cameras BEFORE I get in! Do I pay you to be a dumbass?" I ask her.

She stares at me blankly, not saying a word.

I roll my eyes, "I don't pay you to stand there and look like a dumbass either Clary!"

The girl blinks a few times before looking at her feet and shifting her feet from one foot to the other.

"ANSWER ME!"

"No, sir. You do not pay me to be a dumbass.... nor stand and look like one." She finally answers, lifting her head up but not meeting my eyes.

I bring my hand up and slap her across the face as her head is moved to the left. She brings her hand up and rubs that side of her face with tears in her green eyes.

"Now. Go. Fix. It." I demand.

She nods before running out the door, hopefully to her office to fix her mistake.

I sit in my chair behind my desk as I bring my hand up and rub it against my temple. "I am surrounded by idiots." I mumble to myself.

"I will try not to take offense to that," Marcus says as he enters my office, shutting the door behind him.

"Yes, Marcus, come in." I say sarcastically while throwing my hand in the air.

"Any reason why Clary just ran down the hall with tears in her eyes?" He asks while leaning against the wall.

"The idiot turned off the camera moments too late. I was spotted last week when I had stolen this." I pull out a gemstone from my drawer and hold it up for him to see.

He examines the stone before nodding. "Pretty, why do you need it?"

"I plan on gifting it to someone." I reply shortly.

He raises a brow. "Mist's Girl?"

I give him a slight nod.

"Hm. Well, may I offer some advice?"

"No," I say sternly.

"Maybe treat your staff a little better? They are, after all, part of your success."

"SUCCESS?" I yell. "If I had success the mist would be dead upon this very DESK."

Marcus scoffs. "Why do you want to take him down so bad?"

"Because he is simply in my way brother. And that I can't allow." I lean into him closer over my desk. "What has been my mission since I have been in this city?"

"To wreak havoc and chaos?" He asks.

I nod. "Yes, and to destroy as many lives as possible. You remember what this city did to us, yes?"

Marcus shifts uncomfortably. "Of course."

I smirk. "Good. And for that, they will pay."