Its not like that

Cynthia and Kayla were both hanging out at Kayla's house, they were doing their usual 'go on our phones and don't say a word' hangout because they just enjoyed each others company.

Cynthia was scrolling through insta and came across Maria's new post, usually she looked at the pictures, liked them, and moved on, but today she was smiling at them, looking at them longer than she should, and couldn't get enough of them.

Kayla noticed this and smirked, "oooo what are you smiling atttttt..." she said in an excited voice as she leaned over to get a glance. "Oh my god." she said.

Cynthia groaned and switched her phone off putting it face down. "It's not like that don't jump to conclusions." She said jokingly with a soft giggle as she pushed Kayla to the side.

"Oh COME ON Cynthia it's so obvious she's liked you for months now and you choose to ignore it." Replied Kayla with a convincing look on her face. "And now it seems you've got the hots for her hm? I mean i dont blame you her glow up was crazy..." She added on.

"No Kayla, I do NOT have the hots for Maria okay? She's been one of my best friends since elementary school I'm not gonna fuck that up." Said Cynthia with a slightly more remorseful voice.

"I've been friends with your brother since elementary too, we fucked it up and we ended up fucking so I say go for it." Kayla replied bluntly. Cynthia groaned in disgust. "Refrain from Nicholas talk please." She replied resisting the urge to gag.

"It's different with me and Maria okay? She doesn't even like me like that and sure we may be attracted to each other but that's the furthest anything's gonna go okay?" Replied Cynthia with some level of uncertainty to her voice.

"Ugh I can convince you about this another time but I wanna talk about Nicholas's car, have you seen it?" Asked Kayla. Cynthia chuckled, "me and Jordan scored that car for him he owes us for life."

Kayla stopped and squinted at her. "You two?" Kayla said curiously. "Yeah, well, Nicholas was busy and had to bail, probably a date with you, and so it was just me and Jordan and we ended up getting it for cheap since we did this stupid bargaining technique and we drove home blasting Taylor swift songs." Cynthia said with a cute smile planted on her face.

"oh my god are falling for her too?" exclaimed Kayla. Cynthia instantly rejected that idea and shook her head. "no- nuh uh im not falling for anyone we went on a drive to the car dealers its not that romantic kayla drop this." Kayla sighed. "nothing exciting ever happens with you huh?" she said with a frown. "I guess not..." cynthia replied with a soft chuckle.