The music room

Cynthia had a free period so she decided to visit Maria in the music room, as she approached the door she heard the sound of the electric guitar blaring through the door, it was a familiar tune, a guitar solo from the walls by Chase Atlantic.

Cynthia smirked as she slowly opened up the door and her eyes went to Maria who was sat alone her fingers hitting each string smoothly and quickly her eyes not leaving the neck of her jet black guitar, which was covered in different types of nerdy stickers.

Cynthia walked in further as she finished and did a slow clap as she sat down right infront of her. "Hey trouble." Said Cynthia softly in a sarcastic voice as she smiled, "trouble? I'm sorry are we in a 80's teen romcom the fuck you mean trouble?" Maria said with her usual amount of sass in her voice. Cynthia shook her head, "ugh so sassy." she said under her breath.

Maria had a small smirk planted on her face as she looked to her guitar then looked up as she leaned back in her seat and took the strap of the guitar off placing it to the side. "free period?" asked Maria as she leaned back in her chair and maspread.

"yeah, but i also just kinda had the urge to see you." said Cynthia on purpose since she just wanted to see Marias reaction. Maria quickly cleared her throat and hid her blush.

Cynthia smiled at the succesfull atempt to make Maria nervous. "shut up...you got juice?" asked Maria with a pleadful voice. Cynthia rolled her eyes and pulled out orange juice from her backpack. Maria raised an eyebrow, "do i look like an idiot to you?"

Cynthia scuffed "you seriously want me to answer that?" Maria gave her an eye roll, "who the
fuck even buys orange juice that's disgusting put that away." Maria whinned.

Cynthia put the juice back in her bag while giving Maria a look. "suit yourself...u wana play somethin', for me?" she said putting the emphasis on 'for me' as she placed her chin in her palm and tilted her head at Maria.

Maria eyed her and adjusted the guitar pic in her her fingers as she grabbed the guitar she just put down softly putting the strap over her shoulder, she looked down at her strings and began to play, it was the guitar solo from dangerous woman by Ariana Grande.

While she played, she hit her fingers on each string effortlessly and even looked up at Cynthia during certain times as if not being able to control herself.

When she was done she looked up from her guitar and leaned back in her chair while she spun the pic through her fingers. "how was it?" she asked in a raspy voice and a curious tone.

There was some obvious tension built over the time period of her playing and they could both feel it. Cynthia softly smirked snd nodded. "it was ok, you could do better." she mocked slightly as she spoke in a similar manner to Maria to match her energy.

There was a comforting moment of silence, comfortable for Cynthia at least, Maria felt insanely nervous, her breathing got slightly heavy because Cynthia couldnt seem to break the eye contact.

Maria unintentionally glanced at Cynthias lips and Cynthia responded to this by tilting her head a bit more, "do it." said Cynthia.

"hm?" Maria squinted. "you keep looking, so whats stopping you?" asked Cynthia more curiously than temptingly but none the less it tempted Maria.

"i dont..i dont know what you're talking about." replied Maria purposefully playing dumb. Cynthia narrowed her eyes and shook her head. "i guess you missed the chance." she said blankly.

"i guess i did." replied Maria with an internal sigh, they both knew, they couldn't put it into words but they knew.