Chapter 4: We were never meant to meet again

CHAPTER 4:

WE WERE NEVER MEANT TO MEET AGAIN

"Highness." Sanya greeted her King once she saw him coming to the waterfall with a young girl by his side. She wasn't even an adult from what could she see.

"Take them to the cells, I'll question them personally." he said with a sigh before turning to the Evelyn.

"Will you be alright on your own, girl?" he asked her and she nodded with a huff. She had a name, and she wasn't a girl.

"Good, Sanya will take care of you for the time being. Whatever you want will be yours, human. This is the last time the two of us shall see each other." he said before nodding his head at Sanya and she did the same following his greeting and then he disappeared. Evelyn blinked few times surprised by his sudden leave and her thought were suddenly interrupted by the voice of a woman next to her.

"He can be like that at the time. Standing there and saying 'do this, do that, do what-the-hell-I-told-you-to' and then suddenly dissappear like nothing ever happened." Sanya said with a sigh. She got used to it after all those years.

"What is your name, dear child?" she asked her and Eve blushed. The woman infront of her looked like a goddess of sun in warrior style, a sight to be truly admired.

"Eve-Evelyn, ma'am." she said twirling with her fingers.

"That's a beautiful name for a beautiful girl. You were brave to take them down on yourself, Eve." she said with a warm, welcoming smile and Eve weakly nodded her head.

"Thank you, ma'am." she mumbled.

"Sanya, ma'am makes me look like an old grandma. Call me Sanya." she said and Eve nodded.

"Alright, ma-Sanya. I just followed my instincts and tried to survive." she replied honestly.

"You are a true warrior, Evelyn. This world needs more people like you." she smiled at the young girl infront of her.
A girl that didn't know the real danger lurking in this world of grown-ups and the fùcked-up society of soul-mates. The danger of the destiny she had the second her soul was recognized as Van's other self. The number of the people that would try to break her... But above all of that the number of the times he'd do it the firsthand...

It was night, and Evelyn couldn't fall asleep no matter what. Every time she tried to close her eyes, she'd see the pair of white eyes with black irises. She has been trashing for a all night trying to atleast find a pose in which her body wouldn't have other choice but to fall asleep, yet failed every single time.

"Darn it!" she huffed before finally getting up. It was useless. If she can't fall asleep, then she'll find something else to do. Maybe take a bath? It was warm outside which wasn't really that big surprise considering that it was the middle of summer.

* * * *

"Fùck!" Van growled blowing of the punching bag. He couldn't stop thinking about her. He didn't want her, she was nothing to him, she couldn't give him an offspring unless she's his werewolf's mate. All she could give him was blood and a good time in bed, but there would never be something more. So, in other words, she'd be nothing to him but just another mistress and that's something he didn't need at the time.

"Fùck!" he yelled again getting started on another punching bag he destroyed within the first punch. He wanted ti see her, to fùck her, but the other part of his brain was telling him to stop. That she wasn't worth his attention. After all, he was bound to find his mate soon and then he'll have to throw away this girl. His mate would be jealous, and she'll mean more to him than some stupid fùck-toy. But that didn't change the fact that he craved to see her and taste her blood.

"Highness, is everything alright?" Sanya asked concerned for her King. He was acting strangely ever since he came back.

"Yeah... Have they came to their senses yet?" he asked taking a towel and using it to wipe off the sweat from his face. He was completely covered by it, and wore only the black sweatpants that were hunging low revealing his black boxers. His black hair was tied in a high ponytail so that it would go into his eyes while he was training, while the silverish necklace with a blue crystal in a snowflake was hung around his neck. It was hers, and it was the only memory he had left of her.

"Yes, they did." she replied "We tried to get some informations out of them, and it seems that the black one is the only one that knows something."

"Good, kill the other two. I'll deal with him." and with that he dissappeared. Every hybrid had some power in his own, completely unique and special. His was teleportation, or that's what everyone thought. He was the only hybrid that had more than one of them, but that one was the only known to the world. There would be a chaos if they were to find out about his secret, no one is satisfied with the exceptions on the top of a monarchy.

Teleporting infront of the cell they held that menace in, he came to the sight of a beaten vampire.

"So, a birdy told me that you don't want to talk?" was the first thing he said as he stepped in.

"Damn that little bitćh, we'd made it if there wasn't for her." he let out an hollow chuckle.

"My dear friend, haven't you learnt to never underestimate a desperate human. They are such a greedy menaces, but can always find a way out." Van said ignoring Ryder's previous remark about his beloved.

"Yeah, yeah... I get it, no need to rub it in my face." he said grinning "So, you must be out of hopes when they sent their main person. The King himself, I must day I'm honored." Ryder taunted making Van sigh. This guy is going to be a real pain in the asš.

"Nope, it's just that I don't want my man to dirty their hands on some insignificant fools who thought that it would be funny to go against my laws." Van shrugged before throwing off the towel he previously put across his shoulders "And I'm kinda pissed off for something that happened to me today, so I want a punching bag." and with that he punched him in the face tearing off some skin from him.

"I'll give you just one chance to tell me which clan sent you to find the girl and where is it. I promise to let you go if I like the answer, however, if you chose not to tell me, I'll drag the answer out of you and kill you." he said in a low, dangerous alpha tone which would make anyone's blood freeze from it "Time for choice, goes now."

Ryder wondered whether he should tell him or not. He was in the same room with the most fùcked-up creature in their society and standing on his nerve wasn't really a good choice. Besides, he'd have more chances of finding Amabelle alive than dead. They needed to stop her no matter what, but there was only one problem.

"And, what have you decided on?" Van asked licking his lower lip. He needed some blood, how long was it since he drank one? A week?

"I don't know where they are." he said and Van sighed, this will be a long... "But I know some things about them I shouldn't. I swear I don't know where they are, they are never on a same place and they never stay longer than 18 hours at one."

"Why?" Van asked.

"I think that it has something to do with you. They are running away from you." he said.

"Why thank you, but that didn't help at all." he said before piercing hid chest. Just as he was about to take offhis heart, Ryder yelled.

"There's more, and it's about her. About Amabelle!"

Hearing that name from Ryder's lips, Van slowly pulled his hand out of his chest before looking at him dead in the eye and said:

"Speak!"

_______________
Who do you think is Amabelle?
Vote & comment ;-)
Until the next time...