Chapter 8: Village

CHAPTER 8:
VILLAGE

After that, he suddenly dissappeared. He hasn't just stood up, put his clothes and got outside as someone would expect, but he just vanished out of nowhere. Yet, Evelyn could do nothing but stare in fear of him appearing again.

But he didn't. And she was grateful for that, for she didn't think that she'd be able to stand another minute with that man.

Sighing in relief and not wanting to tempt her luck, she immediately dried her body, put the little piece of clothing she brought in and got out of there picking her things. She was surprised to see Ivan still waiting for her, while he on the other hand was surprised to see her alive. As she put her dress in rush, he said nothing to which she was more than grateful. She didn't have strength to talk about what have happened.

After she took her crystals and gold, she sat her cars as Ivan just sat next to her without uttering a word. Her next stop was an old witch's shop that was selling all kinds of food. Vegetables, drugs, fruits... You name it, she has it.
Evelyn always bought indigents for her people there, it's always fresh and delicious, not to add that it's of hight quality. The woman that held that place was named Maryel. She wasn't your old and green ugly witch as folklore talked, she was very beautiful actually. Witches don't mingle with other creatures, they use pure energy and fight with it, but if Maryel learnt something for her 600 years of life, then that is that battles are more easily won by talking, not fighting.

"Oh, Eve, you came dear. The usual?" the old woman asked as she noticed her approaching and Evelyn just nodded.

"Boys, it's Eve," she called for two boys that are her pupils at the moment and ate studying magic from her. She is after all, really old, and the older a witch is-the more knowledge she has.

Right then, two boys you could see from mile away to be the twins with their black hair and similar looks, came out her shop carrying few sacks on them. Potatoes, beans, prickles, tomatoes, paprika, onion, carrots and other vegetables and fruits were soon enough being placed in her car as she suddenly rose her hand.

"Wait, I want to buy this year's seed. I've brought more money," she suddenly said and the old woman nodded.

"Your usual?" she asked and Eye nodded. Corns and rice and the best when their roots are planted in the autumn. She usually hunts again for them, but since she already had her chance, she'll buy them now. There's, of course, the chance that roots will die and there won't be any of it in the next summer, but they better try it. Besides, it's Maryel's seed, she had a faith in it.

"Alright, my child. Wait a bit longer," the woman said before going inside and returning with two bags in her hand as Eve took out her own before handling it to the old woman.

"Money's there, check if you want," Eve said, but the old woman just shook her head.

"There's no need for that, my child. If you say that money's in there, then it's in there," she said and Ivan could for the second time today stare in wonder to respect supernaturals had for that human.

"Alright, then," she said tying those bags to her belt before she climbed back to her car.

"This is the last one, miss," the boy said placing the last sack of food as she nodded "See you the next week," he said and she smiled as she started the horse. Ivan only climbed next to her and kept quiet.