Chapter 10: On a Bloody Night...

HONEYS, I'M BACK!!! And am going to update sooner than usual, I swearly swear I will. I was pretty depressed and stuff in last time, bit finally, have I found motivation to write again, so I will. This time i won't be leaving you on edge (ok, i will use cliffhangers, the one at the end of the chapter is.one.of bests, and yes, Van is still an asš, he didn't get better at this chapter)
Enjoy now,
________________________

CHAPTER 10:
On a Bloody Night... We Cried

It all started with a cry. Not some cry of fear or sadness, but the cry of happiness. Of woman who had another chance to see their loved men arriving one after another to their village.

They cried in joy when they started recognizing them as men who were taken by the Lord that ruled over their land, Daryun, but soon enough - that little happiness they got would dissappear. They just didn't know it, after all - what bad can happen when you have something you've lost come back to you so easy?

*****

Eve knew the moment she heard the joyful cries of her villagers that Ivan did what he promised. She didn't even have to get out of her cottage and see it with her own eyes to know what was obvious by that moment.

"That hybrid was actually good for something," she chuckled to herself before grabbing a pot with water to drink. The instant she touched it, she remembered all that happened so far: being attacked by vampires, fighting back, being saved by him, being molested by him, and all that followed afterwards... And to think that none of that could have happened if she chose not to go that early for water. She really should have listened to her instincts.

"Evelyn, dear. Come out," she heard a voice of her elder say before she stood up with a sigh. Seems like she'll have to see what is going on outside after all.

"I'm coming," she tried to grunt it out, but deep inside, she was truly happy that Ivan kept his words and women got their men back. So instead of a grunt, it got out like a croaked noise.

Getting out of her cottage, she was met with teary eyes of her elder, a man whose three sons were taken by Daryun as well. Sometimes people cry more when they're happy than when they're sad. It's as they say: "It can't rain forever", and, "After every rain comes a rainbow." Seems like this rainbow was too bright for their eyes to handle, so they're brimming with tears.

"You brought them back," the old man whispered and she shook her head with slightly parted lips. She did nothing, Ivan was the one that did it all.

"Yes, you have, my child. If it weren't for your bravery when you spoke to that hybrid, none of this would have happened. We wouldn't have seen them again." No matter how much he spoke, Eve couldn't make herself believe that she was their saviour. She was meekly human, she wasn't capable of miracles and what's best, she was useless. If she had some use, her parents wouldn't have thrown her aside like a stranger. They'd bring her along.

"That isn't truth. What if there was someone else in stead of him? What if I spoke, but he chose not to do anything about our case or even worse, choose to punish us instead?" she asked and the old man sighed, "So you see, it's not me who you should thank - it's that hybrid, Ivan."

"Oh, my child," he shook his head, she couldn't see it, "There are some things you're still ignorant to. True, your words make sense, but in the same time - they don't. You'll eventually understand, just not yet." She could only frown at his words, he was talking in riddles, she was never good with riddles.