004

[FOUR]

* . °•★𝓢𝓪𝔂𝓵𝓸𝓻☆•° . * 

ᴛʜᴇ ꜰɪʀꜱᴛ ᴅᴀʏ ᴏꜰ ꜱᴄʜᴏᴏʟ ɪꜱ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴀ ꜱᴛᴀᴛᴇᴍᴇɴᴛ. It's about showing others who you were. If you screwed up on the first day, there was nothing you could do about it. That was why I had changed my outfit approximately 1,765 times before deciding on a white shirt underneath a light-blue zip up hoodie. After pulling on a pair of baggy jeans and tying my shoe, I left my room and climbed down the stairs. When I entered the kitchen, I saw Katherine glance up. 

"Oh, good, you're up. Everyone's already in the car and they're waiting on you! The boys'll take you to school! I'll see you later. I can't wait to hear all about your first day!" She said, tossing me a bag with my name written on it. "Lunch." She offered by way of explanation. "Good luck, Saylor!"

"Thanks!" I called as I shouldered my backpack and sprinted out the front door. There was a car in the driveway, and the horn was honking obnoxiously as I reached the side and wrenched open the door.

"Sorry, guys." I breathed, sliding into the seat and shutting it. Cole, who was sitting in the driver's seat, turned the car on and started driving.

"I don't care much about school, but I think you just made us late. Great job, Saylor." Isaac said rudely from the backseat. I twisted around to where he was sitting in the backseat and gave him a slow once over. 

"I know it's difficult to understand for some people, but it takes time to look good, Isaac. I can tell you didn't put in that time." 

"And I can tell that you certainly didn't put in enough." He fired back. Danny sighed from the front seat.

"Can you guys please stop fighting? I'm getting sick of it and it's only been a day."

"Yeah." Nathan added. "Please?" 

I sighed and leaned back into my seat, staring out the window, doing my absolute best to ignore the boy sitting directly behind me. After a few seconds, Cole turned on some music to drown out the silence. 

The rest of the drive passed by quickly, and soon we arrived at the school. When the car came to a halt in the parking lot, everyone started jumping out of the car as Cole cleared his throat. 

"Hey guys, we got a full car today, so that means Isaac, no offering rides to hot cheerleaders." 

Isaac groaned and I laughed. 

"Hey, and we leave at 3:30, okay?" He reminded everyone. Isaac landed climbed over the backseat and landed beside me. My nose filled with the scent of a pleasant cologne, and it took me a second to realize that it was coming from Isaac. 

"Don't shut the door, Alex." He said as he righted himself and moved towards the door. He then slammed the door in my face and I rolled my eyes and pushed it open again.

It was only when I was outside the car that I realized that Jackie hadn't followed me. I quickly turned around to walk back towards the car, but both Nathan and Danny beat me to it. After saying a few words, my sister climbed out of the car, and Danny gestured for us to follow him.

"Come on, we'll take you to your first classess. Nathan, can you handle Jackie and I'll take Saylor?" 

Nathan shrugged. "Sure." He then gestured for Jackie  to follow him, and then Danny turned to me.

"What's your first class?" 

"Um...let me check." I reached into my pocket and pulled out my phone. "English."