008

[EIGHT]

* . °•★𝓘𝓼𝓪𝓪𝓬☆•° . * 

ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏᴜꜱᴇ ᴡᴀꜱ Qᴜɪᴇᴛ ᴀꜱ ɪ ᴄʀᴇᴘᴛ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴍʏ ʀᴏᴏᴍ, ᴀ ʙᴏᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴏꜰ ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ ʜᴀɪʀ ᴅʏᴇ ʜᴇʟᴅ ᴛɪɢʜᴛʟʏ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ʜᴀɴᴅ. It was time to get back at Saylor for dumping the bleach meant for her onto my hair. When I was dyeing my hair back to it's normal shade, I got a brilliant idea—the very one that was causing me to silently open the door to the room she and her sister were staying in. The hinges made no noise as I moved inside, tiptoeing towards her bed. Saylor was fast asleep, lying on her side with a relaxed expression on her face. 

It's funny how even the most annoying, aggravating people in the world look so innocent when they're asleep. I had to remind myself all the reasons I hated her, because seeing her like this, not snapping at me or saying sarcastic things or stealing all of the attention, made her look like an entirely different person. A person who, if not for her personality, I might have—

Dammit, Isaac, focus.

Her blonde hair was splayed out over the pillow, and I smiled to myself. Saylor was going to literally kill me after this, but it would 100% be worth it. 

Holding my breath, I unscrewed the bottle and dipped a paintbrush I had stolen from Aunt Katherine into the liquid. Then, I crouched low, barely even breathing as I lightly brushed the dye onto her hair. 

She didn't move, didn't wake up, didn't even react, and I grinned to myself. Then, after I painted the roots of her hair, I poured the rest of the dye onto the back of her hair and then tiptoed out of her room, shutting the door behind me.

Yep, I had pretty much just signed my death warrant.

When I got back to my room, I saw Lee, sitting up and rubbing his eyes blearily. 

"Do you even know what time it is?" He grunted in an exhausted voice. Then, his eyes traveled down to the bottle of dye in my hand and my guilty expression. 

"Are you actually insane?" 

"I told her I was going to get her back for this. I don't want to be known as a man who makes empty threats." I said defensively, gesturing towards my hair. Lee shook his head as he collapsed backwards into his bed. 

"You guys are going to tear this house apart." 

I rolled my eyes as I hid the dye under my bed and crawled back into bed. "Shut up, Lee." 

"Are you sure this isn't about something else?" He asked, his voice muffled slightly. 

"What do you mean?" I snapped defensively. 

"Are you sure you don't like her?" 

"What the fuck?" I hissed, forcing my face into the most disgusted expression possible. "There's no way in hell you just said that?" 

Lee laughed. "Sure. Sure. Cause it sure looks like you do—"

"I don't! I have every girl in school practically eating out of my hand, what on earth makes you think I'd ever choose that self-absorbed, arrogant, snarky little—"