009

[NINE]

* . °•★𝓢𝓪𝔂𝓵𝓸𝓻☆•° . * 

ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏ ᴘᴀꜱꜱᴇᴅ ʙʏ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ ꜱᴛᴀʏɪɴɢ ꜱᴛᴜʙʙᴏʀɴʟʏ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ʀᴏᴏᴍ. I wasn't going to apologize to Isaac, not when he started it all. It was so stupid, that I had to be punished too. I didn't even do anything wrong! Sure, I bleached Isaac's hair, but he easily dyed it back and all was forgiven, right? Mom and Dad...

Mom and Dad wouldn't have done this. 

Mom and Dad would have just punished Isaac and left me alone. They wouldn't have made me apologize to him, rather they'd make sure he apologized to me. Dad would even probably laugh at me bleaching his hair. 

I missed my parents and older sister so much. I missed the way my dad laughed at all my sarcasm and jokes. I missed the way my mom made sure I looked good no matter what I was doing, giving me style types and helping me get ready before every event. I missed how Lucy would go to every single one of my surfing competitions and cheer me on, and get us ice cream after I inevitably won. 

As I stared up at the ceiling, the hollow feeling returned and I could feel tears welling up in my eyes. I blinked them back and quickly changed my thoughts. Thinking about my family would do nothing but make me cry, so I wouldn't allow myself to think about them anymore. I was starting over, I had to tell myself. I was starting over. 

Just then, a knock sounded at my door. Groaning, I forced myself up off of my bed and walked over to the door and opened it, hoping that it was Katherine to tell me that she forgave me and that she agreed that I shouldn't be punished. 

On the other side was Isaac.

"Nope." I shut the door in his face. 

"Saylor, come on." Came his voice from the other side. I sighed as I reopened the door.

"What do you want?" 

Isaac stepped inside my room and shut the door behind him before walking over to my bed and collapsing on it, staring up at the ceiling.

"Um, hello? Why the hell are you in my room?" 

"I've been thinking—" He said.

"—That's not a good sigh." I interrupted, walking over to my bed, pushing him over, and then collapsing down myself. "Don't you already overwork that one brain cell of yours?" 

Isaac rolled his eyes and shoved me roughly before saying, "As I was saying, I've been thinking, and the only way out of this is if we fake an apology." 

I groaned and dragged my hands through my black and blonde hair. Isaac sat up, looking at me with an equally annoyed expression. 

"Look, the only way she's going to let us out of our rooms is if tell Aunt Katherine that we already apologized to each other. Don't get me wrong, to me you're like the human version of an unskippable YouTube ad, but we don't have any other choices."

I sighed and then turned my head until I was looking at him. "You know, you would be much more likable if you did all of us a favor and fell face first into a sewing machine."

"And you would be much more likable if your personality wasn't as ugly as shit." 

I rolled my eyes at him before I stood up from my bed. "Let's just go get this over with so I can go enjoy the rest of my day, preferably without seeing your face."

"Fine by me." 

He stood as well, and the two of us walked downstairs, to where Katherine was standing in the kitchen, chopping up food for dinner. When we entered the room, she glanced up. 

"Are you two ready to apologize to each other?"

"We already did." Isaac said quickly. I gave her a convincing nod, and to further sell the point, Isaac wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me close to him. It took everything I had not to shove him off, and I forced a smile over my grimace as Katherine grinned.

"Was that so hard? Now, before I let you guys go, I just want to talk to you for a sec. Uncle George and I don't tolerate fighting. It sets a bad example for the younger kids and it isn't appropriate for expressing yourself. I know you two kinda rub each other the wrong way, but you're going to have to learn how to get along."

"Got it." Isaac and I said together as the two of us turned and walked out of the house. The moment we were out of sight from the kitchen, he immediately let go of my shoulders and I stepped away from him.

"Let's never talk about that again." 

"Wasn't planning on it. And by the way," Isaac glanced at my hair, "I hope you aren't planning to dye that back. Even though I hate you, that doesn't change the fact that your hair looks hot as fuck." 

I felt my face turn bright red as I quickly turned away and walked off towards the other side of my house. Butterflies flitted around in my stomach, but I quickly squashed them. What was wrong with me?!!!

Get it together, Saylor. He's off limits. Why? Because he hates you. And you hate him. 

Right?

I shook my head as I reentered the house and headed up to my room. What I needed right now was a long, long, long run. 

*. °•★•°. *

A/N: 

Just a little short one here! Sorry if it was a little boring. The story will start picking up speed soon, so I hope you enjoy! Also thank you guys so much for reaching 2k reads! y'all are amazing!