018

[EIGHTEEN]

TW: Underage drinking — Please skip if you're not comfortable. Also mild mention of vomit. 

* . °•★𝓢𝓪𝔂𝓵𝓸𝓻☆•° . * 

ᴛʜᴇ ᴄɪʀᴄʟᴇ ꜰᴇʟʟ ꜱɪʟᴇɴᴛ ᴀꜱ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ ꜱᴛᴀʀᴇᴅ ᴀᴛ ᴍᴇ. I took another sip of my beer, relishing in the shock my words had caused. The wind whipped my braids around my shoulders, but somehow, despite the freezing cold air, I didn't feel cold. 

"What?" Isaac said in a low voice, turning to me so that only I could hear him. "Did...did you just say..."

"Yeah." I shrugged, drinking even more. I saw his eyes dart down to the cup, but before he could say anything I heard a retching sound from beside me, and the girl who had been standing on my other side, I think her name was Emily or something, suddenly threw up all over the back of my sweatshirt.

There was a collective intake of breath from the crowd as I looked at her and then at my clothes.

"Ewwww." I laughed, staring at it. "Looks like someone couldn't take what was in her cup! Haha." 

Isaac, Grace, and Skylar stared at me as though I wasn't acting completely normal which I definitely was. And my vision definitely wasn't fuzzy at the edges and my hands weren't going slightly numb. I could feel the vomit heavy on my sweatshirt, and before I could change my mind, I pulled the sweatshirt over my head and dumped it on the ground, leaving me standing there in just my jeans and a sports bra—I didn't think to wear a shirt underneath it for some reason. 

People whistled around me as I took yet another sip of my drink.

"What are you doing?!" Isaac hissed, keeping his eyes respectfully at my face. I shrugged. 

"I'm not going around with vomit on my clothes." 

"She's buzzed!" Someone shouted from elsewhere in the circle and Isaac glared at him. 

"Saylor, we need to talk." He said, returning his gaze to me.

"Nnnno we don't." I slurred slightly. He raised an eyebrow before gently grabbing my wrist and tugging me after him.

"Yes we do." 

He pulled me behind a truck where we were out of sight of everyone else before giving me a look and holding out his hands. 

"Saylor, you can't just take off your sweatshirt in the middle of a random group of people, especially since you don't have anything underneath. It's forty degrees out here. You'll freeze." 

I shrugged, crossing my arms defensively over my chest. "I'm not cold." 

"That's because you're drunk." His eyes went to the drink in my hand. "Give me that." 

"No." I lifted it to my lips to take another sip but before I could, he knocked it out of my hand, spilling the contents over the ground.

"Not cool, man." I muttered under my breath as I watched the beer drain into the ground. I couldn't be that drunk. I'd only had a few. Right? 

Isaac stared at me, and then before I could say anything pulled his own sweatshirt over his head and handed it to me.

"Put this on before you get frostbite." 

"Why do you care?" I snorted, just holding it in my hands and not putting it on. Instead of answering, Isaac stepped forward, picked it up, and pulled it over my head and down over my body. It hung low, almost to my knees, and was still warm from his body heat.