017

[SEVENTEEN]

TW: Underage drinking — Please skip if you're not comfortable

* . °•★𝓢𝓪𝔂𝓵𝓸𝓻☆•° . * 

"ɪ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴡᴇᴀʀ!" I exclaimed as I dug through my dresser. Jackie was already sitting on her bed, running a brush through her hair. Her jacket and pants looked flawless. Effortless, even. She laughed, completing her look with lipstick. 

"Why are you putting that on if Alex is just going to eat it off?" I commented, pulling a black hoodie over my head and admiring my reflection in the mirror. Jackie threw the pillow at my head.

"That's rude, Saylor!"

"But it's true." I shrugged, deeming myself acceptable before turning to pants. Jackie groaned. 

"I wish you'd stop being like that about Alex and me." 

Right after Thanksgiving, Alex and Jackie had apparently gotten together, and the weeks after that had consisted of me and the rest of the Walter boys trying to either avoid them or separate their lips, which always seemed to be touching. Me personally, I was team Cole. He may have been somewhat of an asshole, but at least he wasn't constantly sucking my sister's face off. 

On a different note, after Thanksgiving, Isaac seemed to be pretending that what happened out on the porch didn't happened. I tried to bring it up to him, but he genuinely seemed to have forgotten all about it. And so, I didn't question it again. 

After putting on a pair of baggy JNCO jeans, I braided my hair back and added a touch of lip gloss and looked at myself one more time. I was ready. 

"Alright. Let's go." I grabbed my backpack and walked out of the room, Jackie close behind me. Right as we passed by Alex's room, he appeared at her side. 

"How's my favorite girl doing?" He said, wrapping his arm around her shoulder and giving her a long, deep kiss. I wrinkled my nose and heard fake gagging sounds behind me. Turning around, I saw Isaac and Lee, both pretending to throw up.

"Dude, get a room." Lee said as I walked in between the two of them, forcing them apart.

"Yeah. Or at least save it for the bonfire." I add as I walked down the stairs with Lee and Isaac close behind me. 

"If I have to watch that all night long I might as well not go." Isaac said. I shrugged, noting out of the corner of my eye that he had shed his normal leather jacket for a sweatshirt, due to Danny's insistence that it would be freezing at the bonfire. 

We all piled into the car and soon Cole drove off. 

"So, tell me this, Saylor. You've never been to a bonfire before?" Lee said. I shook my head.

"I'm pretty sure that having a massive fire in New York City falls under the category of arson." 

"Wow." Isaac said, glancing sideways at me. "You must have had a sad...sad childhood."

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes. After around ten minutes, we pulled up on to a sandy area around a roaring bonfire. There were already around fifty people there, all laughing and dancing and kissing and having what looked like a really good time. When we stepped out of the car, I could clearly hear music playing, and I pulled my sweatshirt closer around my body. Danny was right, it was cold. 

And so, the night began. Jackie and Alex disappeared almost immediatly, and I knew they were most likely eating each other's faces off, so I tried to ignore it and to not look too closely around in case I had the displeasure of having to witness such an act.