Atlas Touchdown (Volume 7 Chapter 1)

The engine of a police airship hums above the sad dreary city of Mantle. It was quiet aside from the slurred-out voices of the drunks down below.

Seen inside this prisoner transport was a party of Team RWBY, Team JNPR, Qrow, Oscar, Heath, and Jake, all of them with glum and tired expressions on their faces, dreading what was to fall upon them in a few moments time. Their faces were downcast, thoughts and possibilities racing in each person's mind.

They've all had to endure so much the past few days. The journey to Atlas from Mistral was nothing short of easy, with obstacles, bumps, and roadblocks pampering the party with each turn.

And yet... the moment they all thought they'd cleared all the hurdles, they were now arrested, had their auras stripped away from them, and being carried off to god knows where.

Oh, and not to mention, the Lamp was confiscated by that same group of people, so they aren't even in possession of the relic either.

...

Ruby lets out a sigh and glances at the window beside her, watching the city below her. She then glances at the group, eyeing each person's expression.

The only person amongst the group that wasn't in misery was Nora, the energetic ginger trying to bite through the cuffs that binded her wrists together. Everyone else, however, looked down in the dumps.

Perhaps regret was starting to show once again. Perhaps doubt has returned, slowly festering inside their minds.

Yet... what worried Ruby the most in this current time was the absence of Apollo, who was last seen being taken away by the ones who had cuffed and disarmed all of them.

Especially worrying... considering that Grace was amongst those group of people that arrested them.

...

Eventually, she lets out another sigh.

"Where do you think they're taking us?" she asks the group.

Qrow: I'm... gonna go with jail.

Jaune: I still can't believe that fishing pole guy took us out like it was nothing. And frankly... I'm more worried about where they're taking Y/N.

Weiss: Welcome to Atlas.

Everyone glances at the deadpan look in her eyes.

Weiss: Those were Ironwood's Ace Operatives.

Jake: Ace Operatives, huh?

???: Hmm...? You guys had a run-in with the Ace Ops?

An unfamiliar man sitting at the edge of the carrier glances at the group, a surprised look in his eyes.

???: Ironwood must really have a bone to pick with you.

Weiss rolls her eyes.

Weiss: They're not that big of a deal.

He faces Weiss, shocked at what she said.

???: Not that big of a deal!? The Ace-Ops are the elite-of-elite military Huntsmen and Ironwood's personal attack dogs.

Nora leans forward to face her fellow captive.

Nora: So they got you too, huh?

???: Pfft! I wouldn't let myself get caught by them! I'm here because I've been speaking out against Atlas' exploitation of Mantle, and General Ironwood is trying to silence me!