The First of Many (Volume 7 Chapter 4)

Heads up, this chapter's going to be quite long to make up for the lack of action on the past few chapters.

---------------

As the party arrives at the barracks, they head into their respective rooms to gear up for the mission ahead.

Heath drops his case on his bed, whereas Qrow and Apollo drop their cases on the floor. With a simultaneous resounding click, each of them opens up their cases to admire their new gear. Heath marvels at his newly brandished twin axes and armor, Qrow hums at the sight of his requested outfit, whereas Apollo stands back to admire his case full of new equipment.

Apollo and Qrow grabbed their clothes and headed out of the room to the washroom, leaving Jake to sit on his bed and watch Heath slip on his new gear one by one. Heath stands in front of the mirror, checking himself out with his new outfit.

He had ditched his oversized jacket for gray lightweight armor covered by a heavy-duty light-red hooded coat. His pants remained the same, but instead of sneakers, he now had ankle-length slip-on boots.

He then turns to face Jake and puts his hands behind his head.

"How do I look? Snazzy, huh?"

However, Jake chuffs and rolls his eyes.

"You basically look the exact same as your normal outfit. Cut the cocky crap."

"W-What? Really...?"

Heath checks himself out in the mirror again and sighs.

"Agh... y-you're right... dammit! Screw you, Jake... why'd you have to tell me that..."

Jake snickers, but he turns his head towards the door to see Apollo and Qrow walk in, both of them wearing their new outfits.

For Qrow, instead of his gray-tailed dress shirt and his black dress pants, he now wore a dark gray collared shirt covered by a black vest with cross-shaped buttons. Underneath the shirt was a white v-neck, and instead of his black dress pants, it was now dark gray. The rings around his hands were also different, as he now wore black rings.

And for Apollo, he looked like a completely different person. It was a stark contrast to his Mistral outfit, whether it be from the colors or the types of clothing.

Tightening his cardigan around him, hooking his scabbard and pouch around his waist, and slipping into his new pair of red waterproof boots, he stretches and walks around a bit to get a feel of his new outfit.

"Ah, this feels great! Not heavy and not annoying to move around in."

Heath lets out a low whistle as he stares at Apollo.

"Lookin' good, Y/N! That'll catch all the ladies in sight!"

Apollo chuckles and rolls his eyes.

"Sure, Heath..."

Then, Apollo reaches down to his case to bring out his new sword. Heath's jaw drops as he brings his new blade to the light, watching it glisten brightly with a smile on his face. Sheathing his sword on his hip, he then walks over to the mirror to take a look at himself. He does a twirl, feeling his newly refined black cape spin around with him.