A New Age (Volume 7 Chapter 2)

It was quiet, tense, and suspenseful as the two locked eyes with one another.

Apollo and Grace, long lost partners.

Apollo and Grace, long lost lovers.

Apollo and Grace... finally reunited.

Apollo's knees slightly buckled with each step Grace took to him. He couldn't decipher the emotion that was on her face, whether she was happy or upset, he couldn't tell.

Ironwood and Qrow smile and walk away from the boy, leaving him to face Grace alone. She stops a few feet before the boy, eyeing him from head to toe. He does the same, as he analyzes his partner's current outfit.

Grace wore the same uniform as the rest of her Ace Ops peers that stretched down just before her hips, allowing some of her skin to be shown around her waist. She wore red gloves on both her hands, but unlike her teammates, she wore dark blue pants, her white pistols holstered on both sides. She also wore a dark blue undershirt, similar to the rest of her peers.

But, what caught Apollo's eye was the patched-up remnants of a wound on the right side of her waist. It was no mistake, it was the same wound that Cinder had inflicted on her during the night Beacon fell. He stiffens, his breath hitching at his throat as the memories from that night flashes in his mind.

Yet, to his surprise, tints of orange and red freckles parches around the wound, directly saturating the pale color of her skin.

"So... are you gonna keep starin', or are you gonna say hello?" She says teasingly, causing the boy to snap out of his trance.

"S-S-Sorry... you just... well... look... r-really nice." He stammers, causing her to giggle.

"I'm glad you like it. I... can't say the same for you, though. You look silly." She admits, enraging the boy.

"H-Hey! I'm sorry I don't have an amazing fashion taste like you! Besides, this gig's all for functionality, NOT fashion." He says proudly, causing Grace to huff.

"I'm sure that big ol' cape of yours does wonders for your mobility." She says nonchalantly. Apollo opens his mouth to retort, but he relents, knowing full well that Grace made a good point. Truth be told, he only got this black cape to copy Ruby's, and yes, it has gotten in his way a few times during battles.

Grace giggles, clearly amused at her old partner. Then, she walks closer to him and nods.

"See you tomorrow."

And, without another word, she exits the corridor and tails her team. Apollo, who was still stunned, turns around to watch his old partner leave. She turns the corner, thus disappearing from sight.

But then, an audible groan roars from the group.

"Oh, come on! That was it!?"

He turns to find a disappointed Heath.

"No kissing, no tears, hell not even a hug!? What the hell, man!?"

This causes the rest of the group to laugh, even causing Ironwood and Qrow to snicker. Apollo rolls his eyes and walks over to the group, smacking Heath on the top of his head.

The Ashes of The Chosen (RWBY x OC) (Arc 3)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें