Improper

I look back up at the prince.
He's already staring at me.

My mate.
He's my mate.

My breath catches in my throat.

This is rare.

Having a mate used to be a way for our ancestors to continue to reproduce, so humans didn't go extinct. Now that we are more advanced, and we have better technology, mating became a thing of the past. However, it still occurs from time to time. Your fated mate is supposed to be perfect for you. Like a soulmate.

I call bs.

No way that's true. That's something out of a fairy tale.

I'm still staring at him.

I imagine my eyes are wide, and my face is red.

He continues his elegant dance, only now, he is stuttering, and tripping. He keeps a straight face.

The prince is my mate.

The song comes to an end, and everybody begins clapping. I can barely hear them over the voice of my own heart.

As people begin to mingle once more, Xander whispers something to his soon to be bride, and Eliza struts off.

His gaze goes to me, and his eyes darken.

🎶-shameless, Camilla Cabello

His eyes are intent on me. Even through people trying to get his attention, and the crowds of people separating us.

He looks angry-no-furious. As if I had a choice in this matter. I don't want my soulmate to be a snob, and he likely doesn't want his to be an impoverished girl.

Even if I did want to be with him, there is no possible way. He's a royal. His family would never allow him to be with a nobody. Plus, he's already engaged.

He makes a beeline for me,ignoring the people in his path. He even goes as far as to push people out of the way. They would probably thank him if they had the chance. he's moving toward me like a tiger, hunting it's prey. I'm frozen in the moment. My eyes never leave his. His chest is heaving, his hair is ruffled. I wish I could understand him, for some reason, I'm curious to know how he's feeling.

My body feels like, it has been lit on fire. Everything is burning, but it's somehow enjoyable. I feel warm, comforted, I haven't felt this way in a long time.

It's like a magnet, pulling us toward each other. We are both unable to resist. My legs move to him on their own accord.

I blink, and he arrives in front of me. His eyes study my face. I can't seem to get any words out.

Suddenly, he grabs me harshly by the arm. He pulls me into a secluded hallway. I didn't even notice it before, it was hidden behind a few houseplants.

He slams me into the wall. His forearm moves to my neck.

"What did you do to me?" He growls, his head towing over mine.

I feel his hot breath tickle my face.

I fabricate a confident face. "What?" I demand. "I didn't do shit."

He looks taken aback. He's probably never heard a lady curse in his presence. He'll soon find out I'm no lady.

"I don't want this any more than you do!" I spit.

He releases me, and I catch my breath.

He runs a hand through his hair. Sweat beads on his brow.

How did he gets this much more appealing within a few minutes?

I seem to understand why he has gained so many fangirls.

"This can't happen. I have a fiancé!" He bellows.

"You think I don't know that, princess." I mock him.

"God-you" he cuts himself off. "What is your name anyway?"

"Lucile." I answer. "Lucile Fairbourn"

Of course, I know Xander Montgomery's name.

"You-you should leave." He chokes. "I don't want to see you again. You made things more complicated"

I scoff. "Nothing's going to change. You'll still Marry your stunning fiancé, have a beautiful wedding, and have stupid beautiful baby's. While I rot to death in the alleyways. I'm sorry I made things too 'complicated' for you."

He corners me. "Don't act like you know anything about me, or my life. You know nothing. You are nothing."

His body is uncomfortably close to mine. I can't focus on anything but the heat emanating off him.

I can't handle it. It's too much. I feel cramped, I need to escape. I will not let myself fall apart in front of the prince.

I shove him out of the way, and run off. He doesn't follow.