Conversation

"Let's hang out."

Those words sound foreign coming from Xander's mouth.

"and do what?" I ask

He shrugs. "Anything. It's not often I get out of the castle. I want to take advantage of my time."

I shrug and make my way out of the bar. Xander follows immediately.

I'm still skittish from the feel of his lips on mine.

I decide to just stroll around mindlessly.

"So," I begin "you don't like being in the castle?" The idea is confusing. How could somebody not like living there, having people wait on your beck and call?

"God no. It sucks. It's kinda like how you described the other day. You said you felt 'claustrophobic' it's pretty much like that for me all the time."

"Than how we're you able to get out to see me?" I inquire.

"I have a few guards that help me out every now and then. When you live somewhere for a long time, you know the in's and out's. I know how to sneak out when it's needed.

I understand that. I've memorized every alleyway in a 20 mile radius from my old house. I know which ones have thieves, and which ones the wealthy people throw away their food in.

"I used to think rich people had no problems." I admit.

"That's definitely understandable." He provides. "Yours are likely much worse than mine. I should stop complaining. You probably think I'm just spoiled."

I chuckle a bit for no real reason. "No, I like it. I like hearing about you."

"It's your turn. I want to know everything about you."

"Don't you already? You looked into my 'records' didn't you?" I say, remembering the moment a few days ago when he disclosed what he did. although, It doesn't bring the same flicker of unease it did last time, when I thought about him knowing my secrets. It actually makes me a bit giddy.

"Well, yes I know much about you, but not the important things. I may know how you've earned your keep, or where you lived or worked, but that doesn't mean I know how happy you were, if you were sad or scared. If you've ever had a secret lover." His jaw clenches on the last sentence.

I don't know how to answer what he's asking. "You're asking me how I felt. To be honest, I can't tell you that, I don't even know myself. I haven't had time to think about my own feelings. The most important thing was having a meal. As for the secret lover, I've been single my whole life." The edge of his lips quirk up. "You were my first kiss." I admit. I don't know why I told him that. For some reason, when I'm with him I want to reveal all my secrets. I shrug, like it's no big deal.

His mouth drops open. He looks taken aback. "Me?" He exclames. I nod, and he runs a hand through his hair. I've noticed he does that when stressed. "I'm so sorry I stole that from you." This confuses me. I'm not sorry. Having my first kiss with the prince? That's something from a fairytale.

It displeases me that I wasn't his first. I mean he never said that explicitly, but I can assume. I didn't expect to be, but it still bring an unwelcome feeling in my stomach when I imagine his lips on another woman's.

"I actually quite enjoyed it." I assure.

He purses his lips and nods, he looks deep in thought.

I need to show him I want him. All of him. Right now.

I grab his face in my hands and press my lips to his.