Clairvoyant

Xander stayed true to his word. The next morning, five more guards showed up, ready for duty.

I'm not capable of processing everything that has happens in the last week. It's too much. I found my SOULMATE who happens to be the prince, and he also hates me, and then my life got uprooted the next day.

I'm not complaining. It's just a lot to take in.

I've been through the garden so much that it's gotten a bit boring. I've explored all I've could.

I want to go out. There's got to be a shop near here. I don't even want to buy anything. I couldn't anyway. I was provided with everything except my own money. I just want to leave this mansion.

I know I sound like a spoiled brat, but I haven't left the property in over a week.

I leave a note on the fridge so mother doesn't worry where I am.

Then, I make my way to the front door.

Before I can reach it, guard dressed in blue steps in my path "where are you off too?" His voice is gravelly as he questions me, suspiciously.

"I uh" I trip over my words "I just wanted to go outside. E-explore a bit."

He purses his lips. "I don't think so, miss" his formality doesn't make the sentence any less hard to hear.

I do the last thing I can. Beg. "Please?"

He shakes his head.

I groan and stomp away like a child.

I crumple the note, and throw it on the floor.

I go to my room and slam the door. I don't even care how immature I'm acting.

I'm trapped.

The stupid prince trapped me in here.

He gave me the act of Luxury, while never letting me leave.

He doesn't want me to tell anyone about our connection. So he hid me away. I'm his stupid little secret.

I take the stupid fancy pillows off the bed, and throw them to the wall. I whine and complain while doing so.

I hate feeling trapped. I hate it so much. I can't breath. I need out. I need freedom.

I'd rather spend 100 days scavenging for food than caged for one.

A knock at the door interrupts my pity part. I wipe of my tears. I didn't even know they had fallen.

"Come in" I croak. My voice cracks. So much for trying to put the impression of confidence.

Xander surprisingly walks in. His face is unreadable.

"What happened?" He questions.

He takes a step towards me.

His hands are slightly reached out, like he wants to touch me. He retracts them a moment later.

"It's stupid." I feign a laugh. "Why are you here anyway?"

He suddenly looks guilty. "I'm just checking on you."

That's unusual. "Ok?"

"Will you please tell me what happened?"

Again with the 'please'

I don't think my stomach can take many more butterflies.

"I just got a bit claustrophobic."

He raises his eyebrows, prompting me to elaborate.

"I don't know. I guess I just wanted to go outside-away from the property I mean. And the guard wouldn't let me." I shrug. "I guess I just don't like feeling trapped."

I raise my gaze from the floor to Xander's eyes. He looks like he's contemplating something. "I'll let the guards know to let you out whenever you please."

I feel my face light up. "Really?!"

He nods, a smile plays behind his lips. "On one condition." His face is now serious. I nod. "Try to stay as far away from the castle as possible."

I understand. He doesn't want anybody to know. It's alright. It would ruin his reputation if they found out.

"I trust you, fairbourn. Don't make me take that away." I fight the urge to roll my eyes.

I smile up at him. "You never gave me an answer for my first question."

"Which was..."

"Why you knew to come here. Why you knew I was sad."

"Oh" he sighs. "I don't really-" he interrupts himself. "I guess I felt it. It felt sad. But it wasn't my feelings. It was yours. I could sense it." He gives me a few moments to handle this information before he continues. "I read an old book about fated mates. In some scenarios, each person is able to get the impression about the others feelings. Weather physical or mental. In this case, it was the latter. I've also heard a few things about hearing each others thoughts. But that hasn't come up."

Wow.

This connection must be strong. He can feel my emotions? That's wild. I didn't give my consent for any of this.

It makes my heart beat a little faster, the fact that he came here just because I was sad.

"Why can't I feel you?"

"I don't know how to answer that." He chews on his lip. "Maybe you have to think about them. Let them consume your thoughts. Maybe if you try hard enough it'll work. You can attempt it later."
His face falls slightly. Like the thought of me knowing his emotions is frightening.

"Are you sure you're ok?" The look he gives me is condescending.

"Mhm." I nod.

After he leaves I contemplate what he said earlier. About letting your mate consume your thoughts. He felt me. Does that mean I consume his thoughts? Does he think about me?