Caught

After a few days, Xander comes by. He says he wants to take me somewhere, he won't tell me where, though. I don't like not knowing things, but I trust him.

He's driving me somewhere. I don't know how, but when he's driving he looks so appealing. He's perfectly in control. I'm being so weird right now, but I can't help it.

The rolls Royce-I know, its crazy. I've never been in a car this nice- drives up a mountain it's pretty rocky and steep, I begin to question how secure this is.

"Are you sure this is-uhh-safe?"

He chuckles. "As if I would ever risk your inviolability."

Wow. I've never had somebody act this protective of me. It feels nice, comforting.

The car comes to a stop. I move to open my door, he's there before I can see what he's doing. He rachea over, grabs the handle of the door, and shuts it.

"Hey! What wa-" he exits the car before I can finish.

He jogs around the form and comes over me my side. He then opens my door. "After you, m'lady."

I smother a laugh. I grab his hand and and step out of the car. I put on a regal face. Maybe this is what it would feel like if I marry him.

My mood shifts.

I can't marry him. He's already engaged to another woman. I won't let myself get my hopes up.

We walk hand in hand as he leads me somewhere.

After a few moments, the ground comes to and end, and I find myself perched on the edge of a cliff.

My breath hitches.

I can see pretty much all of Evershed here.

I reluctantly turn my gaze from the view to Xander, to see how he feels about this. I find that his thoughtful eyes are already on me.

"Do you like it?" He asks. I squeal a bit and nod. "I've never brought anyone else here. I like to come here to escape."

I nod along to his words. I turn my head back to the view. Sudddnly, his hand pulls my face closer to his, I stare at his face instead of the sight. Somehow, there is barely any difference. They are both beautiful, both perfect. He leans in and places his lips softly against mine. It's a slow and loving kiss. There is no need to rush. We are just enjoying the moment. I don't know how long we kiss before I hear the crush of footsteps behind me.

My head turns so fast I likely have myself whiplash. I crouch, ready to pounce on whatever it is.

The trees ruffle a bit, and I'm yanked back. Xander is standing in-front of me, his hands out to his sides, guarding me.

A figure emerges from the bushes, his body is blanketed in black.

He has black hair that goes down to his ears, chiseled jawline. I've seen him. Before I can place it. Xander speaker.

"Brother." He nods.

His brother. I process. It's his brother. Prince eloy.

We've been caught.

Eloy doesn't answer the greeting of his older brother. His eyes are focused on me.

"I knew it" he exhales. The words are almost a whisper.