Chapter Eight- Blossoming Affection

Max's Perspective

I woke up next to her. The light from the window streaming in, illuminating her dreaming face, warm and smiling. Sprawled over the bed sheets, her golden hair shielded her eyes from the morning sun.

I had missed my bed, but now with Liesel in it, it's made it so much harder to leave.

I swung my legs over the side of the mattress, pulling on some boxers and feeling the soft matted carpet under my feet. It was a Sunday morning, a chance for us both to recover, regenerate, remind ourselves of last night's antics.

Liesel was perfection. I loved every second I had spent just studying her. The way she would curl her lip into a grin when I made her laugh. The way she would stand on her tiptoes whenever she looked into a mirror. The way she could stare into blank space for what seemed like hours, just lost in her thoughts. I loved her for all of it.

"Max." Liesel said with a smile as she walked out of the bedroom, wrapped in a bundle of bedsheets.

"Good morning." I said grinning back. "Did you sleep well?"

"The best I have in ages, well that is after you eventually let me fall asleep." She teased.

A warmth developed in my chest- a sense of anticipation as I moved forward to kiss her the first kiss of the morning.

Her arms wrapped around my neck as my lips traced her neck, searching all the way down to find her mouth. In the process, her bed sheet fell to the floor, leading her to pull away in laughter to cover herself back up.

"Let's do something today, something fun." I said. I wanted nothing more than to spend the whole day with her. Learning more about her. Going on adventures with her. Her presence just demanded to be indulged.

"That sounds great! Why don't we go to the Marienplatz and get some lunch or go shopping?"

"Of course, but first I want to bring you somewhere beautiful."

Liesel's reaction of curiosity made me laugh. I would take her to the second most beautiful thing in Munich for the morning. Second only to her.