Saved you a seat

You had joined Manchester United the same time that Alessia Russo had left the club, meaning you never got the chance to properly meet the woman. She was an amazing player, so you were sad to hear that she was leaving the team as you joined but you knew you would meet her soon enough, having been called up for your first national camp starting in about a month.

While you were finding your place within the team, getting to know your new teammates, you noticed that Ella seemed a bit off. You knew that her and Alessia were best friends, and noticed that her leaving the club was hard on her. You tried supporting Ella as best as you could, even being able to help her through some tough moments, the two of you quickly became friends through everything.

It was actually Ella that had introduced you to Alessia when you were playing her new club, Arsenal, back in October. An introduction that led to you falling for the Arsenal player, much to Ella's enjoyment, claiming that her introducing the both of you to each other was the leading cause of Alessia now being your girlfriend. You couldn't disagree because she was in fact the one introducing you, as well as the person that was nudging the both of you to confess your crushes to the other. Ella was like the number one fan of your relationship.

Both your Manchester United teammates and her Arsenal ones were aware of your relationship, as well as your new teammates at the Lionesses. A journey you couldn't be more excited about, now being able to share it with your girlfriend, and your friends. Besides your teammates, and family knowing about your relationship, you decided to keep the relationship private. Both you and Alessia knew all too well how the media and fans could be.

You had just placed your bags in the coach, about to head to your next match. When you walk into the coach your eyes meet Alessia's sparkling ones, "I saved you a seat." She says with her signature smile. "Aw, thank you baby, I appreciate it. Are you sure you don't want to sit with Tooney, though? I know you two always sit together." She shakes her head, "We talked about it. So, yes, I am sure." You look around the coach for Ella, who gives you two thumbs up at your questioning look.

Like at every match, the England media team was waiting outside of the coach to film your arrival. You and Alessia both wave to the camera's and of course to the fans further back as well, before heading into the stadium, getting ready for the match with the team.

Ever since Alessia made the move to Arsenal, the fans have been speculating about some big fall out between her and Ella. Reading too much into every little situation. At first they were concerned for Ella when they, like yourself, noticed she wasn't looking her usual self but their concern quickly turned into wild speculations claiming something had happened and the two were no longer friends. It had all started up again when England camp started, according to the fans the women weren't spending as much time together, they weren't laughing together, or not looking at each other enough. You thought it was annoying how people were assuming so much, when you knew from first hand experience that they were still very much friends. They continued to share a room during the camps, and you spend almost every night watching movies with the both of them.

After the game you decide to relax a bit and scroll on your phone, you were tagged in the Instagram post by the Lionesses of the arrival at the stadium, and some other pictures. You add them to your story, and start reading some of the comments. Comments like, They're not even sitting on the bus together anymore, Another game without any interaction between Lessi and Tooney, and your favorite How are Ella and Lessi both friends with y/l/n but not with each other? filled our screen. You roll your eyes at the growing pile of comments before you head out to find both Alessia and Ella, to show the comments to them.

"I don't know about you guys but I am kind of done with all of this." Ella shared with the both of you. "Yeah, this is getting rather frustrating." Alessia joined in. "Alright, I have an idea. Y/n, can you please take a picture of me and Lessi?" They pose in front of the Christmas tree in the stadium hallway. Ella starts typing away and shows the final result 'Rumours are true ... we are no longer friends xxx' before posting it to her story. The three of you have a laugh at the post before heading back to the coach.

When you get back you turn to Alessia, "Hey, before you head back home, wanna have a movie night at my place? Ella included of course." Alessia smiles, "I would love to, I'd never turn away an opportunity to hang with my two favorite girls. Back at your place the three of you change into some comfy wear and plop down on the couch with a bunch of snacks. Celebrating your win with a fun night.

Alessia loved the picture that she took of the three of your sharing a blanket during movie night. She wanted to post it but also thought maybe it would be too much with the story post from Ella yesterday. "Baby, I think you should post whatever you want and try to not let the fans get into your head." Ella nods along, "Yeah, I agree fully. Just post it, it's a cute picture." The both of you were able to convince Alessia to post the picture. "Okay but tomorrow then. I want them to enjoy Tooney's message first."

The next day you smile at your phone when the notification of Alessia's post shows up on your phone. It was the picture with the three of you along with the caption 'Movie night with my favorite girls'.