From dreams to diapers

Prompts: "Twins? We're having twins?" & "You're great with kids."

Warnings: Pregnant Alessia, morning sickness, and a whole lot of fluff :)

~

You had met Alessia when the both of you made the squad at UNC. You found comfort in being surrounded by a piece of home in both her and your other teammate Lotte, the three of you being the only girls in the squad that were from the UK. The connection with both girls was great, over time Alessia had become your girlfriend, and Lotte your best friend.

The three of you made it to the England U15 squad together, and continued to grow up together moving up all the way to the seniors team. While you all played together for country, you had signed with different clubs in the UK. Lotte was the first that signed with Arsenal, you followed a few years later, and Alessia had signed for the club last year. Playing for the same club, and all living in the same city was such a great feeling.

Ever since you started dating Alessia, the two of you had talked about wanting children together in the future. Alessia made the move to Arsenal, when the talk of starting a family started to get more real. Sure, it had always been real but now you both felt like you were ready to actually start a family. The talking started to be less about the general idea, and more about the practical side.

After many consults, and conversations between the two of you, you had decided that Alessia would carry. The striker was more than happy to put her career on hold to get your little family started. You had started the process of getting pregnant a few months ago now, a box of pregnancy tests always present in the house. So far you had only gotten negative results, you both knew it wasn't likely for her to get pregnant right away, so you patiently waited for the day that a test would show a positive result.

A couple weeks later, you wake up to Alessia running to the bathroom. You quickly follow her, and hold her hair up as she's leaned over the toilet, your hands rub soothing circles over her back. Your wife leans her back against the wall, relishing in the coldness of the tiles against her back. Before you get up to get her a glass of water, you place a soft kiss on her forehead. "Should we check?" A question you had asked her many times over the past few months.

While you wait for the pregnancy test to be ready, you cuddle up in bed together, holding your wife close. Your alarm lets you know that the test is ready to be checked. Alessia grabs the test from her bedside table, the result face down. "Ready, baby?" You smile at her, before you lean in and kiss her, "Now I'm ready." Alessia slowly turns the test around, it feels like time stops for a moment when you read the word positive. You slowly lift your head up to look at your wife, who looks at you with matching teary eyes. The both of you are too overwhelmed with emotions to speak, so you just fall into each other's arms. "We're going to be parents." You say still in disbelief, when you finally find your voice again. "We're going to be parents." Alessia says back, the smile on her face growing.

The two of you stay in the bed a lot longer than you usually did on days you had training, neither one of you wanting to end the moment. But as training got closer, you knew you had to. "Do you feel okay going to training? If not I can call Jonas." Alessia pecks your lips, "I'm okay to go, thank you though." She could already tell that you were going to be very protective of her during this pregnancy.

You kept exchanging love sick glances with Alessia, while the both of you were basking in the moment of the two of you being the only ones in the world that knew that Alessia was pregnant. However, the love sick glances didn't go unnoticed to your best friend. "What's up with the two of you?" She asks as the two of you walk up the water bottles. "Nothing." Your reaction was way too quick for Lotte to believe a word that was coming out of your mouth. "Oh, something is going on." Her mind starts going over the list of things that her two best friends could be up to, until her eyes widened with a possible explanation for your quick response. "Omg, are you preg-" Your hand was on her mouth before she could finish her sentence, sending her a warning look before you slowly removed your hand again. You weren't able to hold back the smile that was forming on your face, enough proof for Lotte to know that she was right. She pulls you into a hug, "I am so happy for you both." She whispers in your direction before joining the rest of the girls again.