Missed calls

Prompts: "Please don't hang up." & "You love me?"

Warnings: Injury, broken ankle, surgery, and use of pain medication.

A/n: I have no clue if the medical stuff is right, just go with it haha

~

If there was one thing you knew for sure, it's that your best friend is not a morning person. She prefers to sleep the day away, which isn't always possible with her job. "Less, come on. It's match day, you've got to get up." A grunt came from the other side of the door, "Fine, I'll get up." You smile at her grumpiness combined with her raspy morning voice, before heading back to the kitchen where you got her favorite match day breakfast ready for her, along with a big mug of coffee.

With your own mug in hand you sit back down, going over the notes for your meeting later. You are so focussed on your notes that you don't hear Alessia walk into the kitchen until she sits down next to you. "You really didn't have to do all this for me, I know you have a busy day of your own." Alessia sits down at the other side of the table. You lift your eyes from your notes and are met with her already shoving the food into her mouth. "I know I don't have to but I wanted to, and you were clearly hungry." You nod your head at the already half empty plate. "What can I say, you make the best match day breakfast." She says accompanied with a chef's kiss.

Alessia cleans up the kitchen, as you go over your notes one last time. You were presenting the finalization of your project to one of your biggest clients, since you were the lead on the project, you would do most of the talking. The clients were flying in from out of the country, hence the reason your boss had allowed the meeting to take place on a Sunday. Your Sunday's are usually reserved for watching Alessia play, so you would sadly have to miss today's match.

"You are going to crush that meeting." Alessia says, once she's put all the dishes away. "I don't know, what if I screw up." She shakes her head in response, "You've led this project for months, you know all the ins and outs. Plus you have an amazing team behind you, they'll help out wherever necessary." You smile, "Thanks Less, you're right."

You're both leaving home at the same time, Leah already waiting on the curb to pick up Alessia. You wave at her, before hugging Alessia, "Have a good game, Less." She hugs you back for a little longer, "Thank you. Good luck with your meeting, you've got this." Alessia walks to Leah's car, while you make your way over to your car, before you get in you turn to Alessia. "Hey Less." You yell her way once she opens the car door, she turns around to look at you. "Give 'em hell out there." She smiles, "You too!"

Leah immediately teases Alessia, "So, when are you going to ask them out?" She rolls her eyes at her teammate, "We're just friends Leah, please drop this." Alessia knew that the teasing wasn't going to stop anytime soon, just maybe this car ride could go without some.

You arrive at your office with coffee and tea for your team, who all made it in on a Sunday. Together you go over your presentation once more, before settling on some light conversation to settle your nerves. You excused yourself to set up the meeting room, wanting a moment to yourself before the clients arrived. Everything was ready to go when you heard a knock on the conference room door, you looked up to see your boss in the door frame. "They're downstairs, are you ready?" You let her know that you are and get your team.

The conference room was quickly filled with people, everyone shaking hands. "Thank you everyone for making the trip over for this meeting. I would like to start by summarizing the project, and then go into more details. Does that sound good for everyone?" You were met with a couple of yes's and encouraging smiles all around the table. The moment you started talking about the project you were so proud of, all the nerves seemed to fade away.