New surroundings

Prompts: "If there is nothing going on between you two, you don't mind if I ask her on a date, do you?" & "You love me?"

Warnings: Toxic ex, some slight angst, and alcohol consumption. Plus, I feel like drunk ex trying to get back together should be one.

~

Arsenal was the closest team you had ever been a part of. You joined the club about four months ago, back then you had only known Katie. The two of you had played together for Ireland since you were around fifteen, and she had become one of your best friends years back. Katie had taken you under her wing at this new club, and introduced you to all your new teammates. You felt like a part of the team right away, loving the team bonding nights they had, it made you get to know the girls better, and it helped to keep your mind occupied.

When Arsenal's offer had come your way, your long term relationship had just ended. You loved Manchester and playing for Manchester City, but training and playing alongside your ex-girlfriend was a lot, especially since the break-up wasn't on good terms. So, you took the offer and moved to London, after finishing the two months that were left on your contract with Manchester City. So far, you loved playing for Arsenal, and the girls on the team had quickly become your friends.

Tonight's team building took place at Leah's house, you had all just headed inside after enjoying a lovely dinner in her backyard together. You weren't paying much attention to the conversations around you, as your eyes kept making their way towards Alessia, she looked absolutely stunning. Katie had noticed you staring, and walked your way, "Enjoying the view?" You roll your eyes at your best friend, regretting over and over again that you told her about your crush on Alessia. "When are you going to ask her out?" Your smile falters slightly, "You know why I haven't." You had endless late night conversations with her, about not knowing if you could allow yourself to trust a person like that again. "Plus, it's not like you have asked out Caitlin yet." You add, lightening up the conversation quickly. "Fair point." Katie places a reassuring hand on your shoulder, knowing where your thoughts were at. Even though you were worried about allowing yourself to open up to another person that way, you would be lying if you said you hadn't thought about trying to with Alessia.

On the other side of the room Leah nudges Alessia, "I see you're having a great time tonight, Russo" The woman mocks, having just witnessed the forward stalk your Instagram page. "She's in the same room, maybe you should just talk to her." Alessia quickly scrambles for an excuse to be on your profile, and finally comes up with, "Oh, I was just looking up something that I was talking about with Katie earlier." Leah nods like she believes her, "If there is nothing going on between you two, you don't mind if I ask her on a date, do you?" Without waiting for a response Leah starts making her way over to you. Alessia quickly comes into action, and gets to you before Leah does.

"Can we talk?" Alessia says when you notice her speeding your way. "Yeah, sure. Is everything okay, Less?" She nods, and asks you to follow her, more so to create space between you and Leah. Completely unaware that Leah was just trying to push her closer to admitting her feelings for you.

Alessia walks you to the backyard, where the two of you sit down. "Less, you're worrying me, what's going on?" It only just dawned on Alessia that now she would actually have to tell you something. She takes a deep breath before going for it. "This wasn't how I planned on telling you this, but Leah was going to ask you out but I couldn't let her without telling you something first. Y/n, I like you, like in the I want to take you out on dates and stuff, and I've just been too scared to say anything. I just knew that I had to before Leah talked to you, unless you would rather have her be the one telling you this, then I'll go." You shake your head, "No, I want it to be you. I like you too, Less." Alessia's smile widens, and you feel your heart melt at the sight.