04 | RACE DAY!

HAPPINESS | LN4
04 | R A C E  D A Y !

──────── ˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚ ────────

────── ° 。。゚・✩。゚・° 。 ──────

Today is race day.

Adeline is standing in front of the bathroom mirror applying concealer to cover up the slight dark circles under her eyes, caused by having spent the last night on a call with Natalie watching their favourite sitcom.

And also, for the fact that she woke up early in the morning to an unexpected phone call from the Australian Red Bull driver to let her know that he would pick her up in about an hour to go to the circuit together.

She puts her concealer back in her make-up bag, applies perfume and leaves the bathroom, switching off the light.

She walks to the bedside table to get her phone, which is charging, and opens the top drawer to get the paddock pass, then walks to the small closet in the room and pulls out a handbag to put everything in, and walks out the door towards the elevator.

Once in the lobby she makes her way out of the hotel, a couple of people passing by on the street turn to look at her, she even notices a camera flash in her direction. She pretends not to see it and heads to the end of the street where she is supposed to meet with Daniel.

"I can't believe it! You're Adeline O'Connor?!" A voice says behind her.

She rolls her eyes and chuckles before getting into the car.

"Oh my God! Daniel Ricciardo just recognised me, dream come true!" Adeline says with fake surprise and sarcasm as she fastens her seatbelt.

Daniel rolls his eyes in response with a Daniel-smile plastered on his mouth as he turns the steering wheel to put them in gear and head to the circuit.

Adeline digs out of her bag and turns on her phone, which she hasn't touched since yesterday. When she turns it on, a bunch of pages appear on the screen.

All of them, of gossip.

Adeline has a love hate relationship with social media, on one hand, she loves to share things about her day by day, trips, hours in the studio... And on the other hand, she hates - but hates hates hates - celebrity gossip posts, they bring back very bad memories, either of her or of one of her friends.

Natalie has told her many times to leave it alone, that it doesn't do any good to read such things, and she listens to her, she tries to read the minimum amount of comments, what people think of her, whether she is a slut or a whore... But there are days when she needs to know what people think of her, and that's how the night before, Adeline's phone ended up flooded with news that she had returned to the paddock, in which most of them called her everything but good things.