11 | THE CALL

HAPPINESS | LN4
11 | T H E C A L L

──────── ˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚ ────────

HAPPINESS | LN411 | T H E   C A L L‎──────── ˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚ ────────

────── ° 。。゚・✩。゚・° 。 ──────

Lando Norris

Jeddah is beautiful as usual.

I'm lying on my side in the very comfortable bed of the five-star hotel that we have been assigned for this weekend. From here, I can see through the large window how the sun slowly disappears at the end of the sea, tinting the sky in shades of gold, pink and orange while the palm trees on the promenade sway in the warm afternoon breeze.

But not everything can be perfect.

Despite the beauty of this costal city, my experience here, this year so far, has been anything but perfect.

Basically crap

The team and I had a normal start to the race weekend, with normal results in the first two free practice sessions for Oscar and myself, nothing to complain to be honest, everything was going according to our plan, the simulators were pointing out that everything would go smoothly, but since this morning, since I put a feet in the cockpit, everything went downhill.

During FP3 I started to notice that the car was a bit unstable in the fast corners, I panicked. The rear seemed to lose grip, which, at the end, led us to retire the car earlier than we wanted with only a few laps done in the session. The mechanics worked on that feeling and finally I managed to get a P11 in qualifying, but still I can't help but feel disappointed. It could have been a lot worse, but it was way too far from my and the team's expectations.

So the only thing I'm looking forward to, is for this nightmare of a weekend to pass as quickly as possible.

KNOCK KNOCK!

A knock outside the room makes me turn my head in the direction of the door. Who in their right mind calls at this hour?

"Lando it's me!" A male voice I recognise all too well is heard muffled behind the door so I get up and approach it. Opening it, I'm meet face to face with the most contagious smile in the paddock.

"Daniel, what are you doing here?" I let my body lean my shoulder against the door frame and at the same time scratch my eye from the sleepiness and tiredness of the day that is beginning to consume me.

"Isn't it obvious?" Daniel keeps looking at me with his Dani-smile.

"No, it's" I interrupt myself to look at the watch that's still on my wrist "22:26pm and tomorrow we have a race" I let him know the obvious.