05 | SHITTY DAY?

HAPPINESS | LN4
05 | S H I T T Y  D A Y ?

──────── ˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚ ────────

────── ° 。。゚・✩。゚・° 。 ──────

Lando's pov

The race was nothing special.

Lando was hoping that the first race of the year wouldn't look like last season's rubbish, but he was wrong.

"Come on, for fuck's sake!" cursed McLaren's principal driver angrily over the radio as he finished the race in sixteenth place.

"Aghhh!" was heard from Lando again, followed by an angry thump on the steering wheel.

He could have complained that the problem was with the car and not his own, but instead his teammate, Oscar, had finished seventh.

When the car arrives back at the garage Lando quickly leaves the cockpit and storms off furiously to his driver's room.

Well furious would not be the best way to describe Lando's mood. He was rather disappointed that he had not managed to give his all, he was tired of not getting and seeing good results for himself and his team.

That remind him of last season, which was a disaster for him and Daniel.

At the beginning of the season it seemed to be working well, good results, a couple of podiums... But from the summer break forward, it all went downhill.

DNF after DNF that is exactly what caused Daniel to lose his seat at McLaren in the middle of the season, while Lando, was able to make up some points and not finish last in the constructors' championship.

Lando goes into his room and takes his speaker and plays music to distract himself.

But suddenly, there is a knock at the door.

"Lando I know you're in there" His PR Manager, Charlotte, bangs loudly on the door so that it can be heard over the noise of the music "You need to get out of there, you need to go to the media pen" she lets Lando know.

"Is it necessary?" complains Lando, still with the door closed but no trace of the music "Everyone already knows I screwed up, I don't need to go out there and humiliate myself again" finally the British driver opens the door.

"You know if I could, I'd let you skip the interviews, but it's my job" Charlotte makes him understand "Don't worry, it'll be fine" She gives his arm a little squeeze and starts walking out of the garage.