15 | LONG DAY BUT NOT ALONE

HAPPINESS | LN4
15| L O N G  D A Y  B U T  N O T  A L O N E

──────── ˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚ ────────

────── ° 。。゚・✩。゚・° 。 ──────

Adeline O'Connor

Who the hell is banging at my door?

I mean, I haven't given anyone my new address, not even Natalie yet. Oh no, what if he's a burglar? What if he saw me through the window dancing at full volume to Ariana Grande's new song bye. So embarrassing.

I consider whether or not to open the door, and I walk up to the door just as I hear the doorbell ring again.

I look through the peephole and the person in front of me is a certain boy with brown curls and ocean eyes.

"Did you lose something?" I question sarcastically once I open the door. We've seen each other a few hours ago, what is he doing here?

"Hello to you too" He responds just as sarcastically "I just got out of a meeting at the MTC and since your place is on my way, I came to see how you're doing" His hand travels to the back of his neck. I raise an eyebrow slightly. On a Sunday? I pretend it doesn't seem the strangest thing and let it pass.

I sigh, "Surrounded by boxes" I step away from the door and let him see the mess inside. At that, I guess he self-invites himself and steps through the door frame.

"Wow, but how much stuff do you have?" He is amazed once standing in the middle of my new living room, when I reach him, I give him a little playful bump on the shoulder and he lets out a laugh in reply.

"I've been here for 2 hours and it doesn't seem to end" I rub my eyes as I yawn walking to lean on the countertop.

"Have you set up the bed yet?" Lando asks out of the blue and I let out an audible gasp.

"Shit! I knew I forgot something!" I wearily bring my palms to my forehead.

"It's okay, you can crash at mine" Lando says without giving it much weight shrugging his shoulders.

"Your house?" I'm caught totally off guard.

"I mean, it's late. I have a spare room in my house. You can..." He hesitates for a moment before continuing "Sleep there if you want"

I look around me. It wouldn't hurt, I don't have the strength, physically or mentally, to set up the bed now. I could pack a couple of things and spend the night there.

"All right" I answer affirmatively, Lando widens his eyes, he definitely didn't expect my answer.

"Are you sure?" Lando asks to make sure, I nod my head.