09 | NIGHT TALK

HAPPINESS | LN4
09 | N I G H T T A L K

──────── ˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚ ────────

────── ° 。。゚・✩。゚・° 。 ──────

Lando's pov

The soft hum of the television blends with the silence of the night in the small country of Monaco.

Although the clock in the living room indicates that it is past midnight and that Lando should be asleep because he has an early flight to catch to Jeddah tomorrow, he is not, he is far from asleep.

Cause: Adeline on the Tonight Show.

Since he saw via Adeline's Instagram stories yesterday that she was appearing on the famous TV show The Tonight Show to promote her new album, he had no doubt that he would be watching it.

And when he heard that it started at 12:30pm, he didn't doubt that he would watch it live.

So right now Lando is lying comfortably on his sofa, covered with a blanket to keep out the cold of the night and with a bowl of freshly popped popcorn scrolling on his phone until the show starts.

Lando has known about Adeline since her early days in the music industry, more specifically since she released her debut album, purely by chance, just minutes before he got into a Formula 1 car for the first time.

Lando finds himself in a corner of the garage sitting on a small orange stool with his headphones on trying to dissuade his nerves, his leg bouncing frantically on the floor as his gaze alternates between the mechanics and workers.

The Belgian Grand Prix weekend is about to start and Lando will replace Fernando in the first free practice sessions.

But even with his headphones on and in an uncrowded area of the garage, the music, which is normally his escape route and helps him at times like this, doesn't seem to be having an effect, because as the minutes go by the nerves are still there.

Until suddenly, the Spotify shuffle takes his side and plays him a song he's never heard before. A song that makes his nerves, this time, disappear.

"Lando, hurry up!" A voice shouts warning him that in no time the free practice starts.

The young British boy quickly reaches for his phone before the song is over so he can add it to his favourites, where he reads her name for the first time.

The American man's presenting voice begins to be heard so Lando reaches for the TV remote to turn up the volume.

"And tonight, with us, the talented pop singer of the moment, Adeline O'Connor!" Jimmy announces looking into the camera and the audience cheers.