Oɴᴄᴇ ᴜᴘᴏɴ ᴀ ᴅᴇᴄᴇᴍʙᴇʀ

Iɴᴠɪsɪʙʟᴇ sᴛʀɪɴɢ| Cʟᴀʀɪssᴇ Lᴀ Rᴜᴇ

"Someone holds me safe and warm

Horses prance through a silver storm"

________________________________________________________________________________

Claire sat quietly, watching the snow fall outside of her bedroom window. Looking down at the book in her hands, the cover reads "The Poetry of Sappho," she sighs, laying the book down on her light pink bedsheets. Soon enough she hears a car door shut outside, knowing this must be her father.

"Dad?" she calls out, from her bedroom, excitedly fidgeting with her with her fingers, today was her fourteenth birthday, and her father had promised to arrive home with a cake after his day of work. Suddenly she hears quick footsteps going up the stairs, and her door suddenly slams open, but instead of her put-together father she remembers from this morning she is met with a disheveled one,

"Claire," he says, almost like he is letting out a breath, he runs over to the girl, grabbing her face.

"Dad, what's going on?" Claire says, bringing her hands up to hold his.

"You-You have to pack your things, sweetie."He says looking her in her eyes. Just by his eyes, she could tell he was serious. Just then a voice could be heard from behind her father.

"I have eight legs, did you really think you could run from me?" a voice says with a chuckle.

Claire looked over her father's shoulder and her eyes widened at what she saw, it was a woman, at, least the top half of her was but the rest of her was a spider.

"Lilith," her father sighs breath shaking, "Please don't do this. Please don't hurt her,"

Lilith defensively raises her hands, a smirk on her face "Listen, don't shoot the messenger, I'm just doing my job here, so are you ready?"Lilith says, admiring her sharp nails, and just like that with the swipe of her hand, her father's body fell to the floor. Claire's hand went over her mouth as she let out a scream.

"So are you going to make this hard or easy for me, sweetheart," the woman says with a smirk and charges at Claire.

Claire throws her hands up, lets out a scream, and closes her eyes, waiting for her inevitable death, which never seems to happen. After a few moments, she finally opens her eyes and sees the spider woman fade away into particles. Before she can even comprehend what just happened, she hears more footsteps, her heartbeat picks up again and she prepares for whatever is about to come through her door. A girl comes running through her door, clearly out of breath.

"Am I late?" the girl says trying to catch her breath, "Am I late?" she says again.

"Who are you?" Claire says out in fear, worried this is some other monster trying to kill her.