Wᴏᴜʟᴅ Tʜᴀᴛ I

Iɴᴠɪsɪʙʟᴇ Sᴛʀɪɴɢ | Cʟᴀʀɪssᴇ Lᴀ Rᴜᴇ

"With the roar of the fire, my heart rose to its feet
Like the ashes of ash I saw rise in the heat
Settle soft and as pure as snow
I fell in love with the fire long ago,"

____________________________________________________________________

Buried deep within the Hermes cabin sat Claire, squinting her eyes as the sun peeked through the window. Stretching, she looked around, she was completely alone. She doesn't know how she didn't wake up due to the noise that the Hermes kids make every morning.

She contemplated going back to sleep until it dawned upon her that she had training today, with Clarisse, the thought of Clarisse alone made her giddy, for reasons she can't explain, but training with her took that giddiness to another level.

She quickly pushed herself off her bed and ran to the bathroom to get ready.

______________________________________

Clarisse was nervous, though she'd never admit it. But she had been since the day she met Claire, and she still couldn't shake the feeling that she was being watched, and that feeling got stronger when she was around Claire, especially yesterday.

While they were walking back to camp she could have sworn she her the same whisper and a blue hue in the corner of her eye, but she just tried to forget about it. Stupid things like that, which she probably imagined, aren't worth her time.

Looking around her eyes found the, almost broken, clock. She recalls the memory of how the clock had gotten broken. A few of the Ares kids had gotten into a fight and it soon escalated to throwing things, she had to break that fight up but since it was her breaking it up, it ended in seconds. She laughed fondly at the memory. She did, most of the time, get annoyed by her half-siblings, but funny moments like that make up for it. It made her feel like she had a real family.

Pulled out of her thoughts, she realized the time and grabbed her spear, walking out the door and heading for the clearing in the woods.

Her heart thumped a little faster thinking about training with Claire.

______________________________________________

Claire had just finished getting ready, her braided hair fell down her back, the white a very stark contrast to the bright orange ' Camp Half-Blood' shirt that adorned her body. She used her hands to flatten out her jean shorts, as she reached down to tie her shoes.

Taking a look in the mirror, happy with her appearance she headed to the door.

_____________________

As Claire walked towards the woods, she heard quick steps come up behind her.