Pᴇᴀᴄᴇ

Iɴᴠɪsɪʙʟᴇ Sᴛʀɪɴɢ | Cʟᴀʀɪssᴇ Lᴀ Rᴜᴇ

"But there's robbers to the east, clowns to the west
I'd give you my sunshine, give you my best
But the rain is always gonna come if you're standing with me"

__________________________________

Clarisse had woken up before Claire, turning over to face the girl, just admiring her almost forgetting about what had happened last night with Percy. But she wasn't going to let that ruin this moment right now. Clarisse had been trying to learn different techniques to control her emotions, mostly for Claire.

She didn't want to make Claire put up with her emotions. It was one of her biggest insecurities, but talking with Claire when it got to her head helped. But it still made her nervous, nervous to let Claire in fully, nervous she was going to be judged. Pulling her out of her thoughts, Claire peeked her eyes open smiling, making all of Clarisse's bad thoughts disappear.

Clarisse smiled back at the girl, feeling butterflies erupt in her stomach, "Good morning, beautiful,".

Claire blushed hiding her face in the pillow, "Don't say that, I just woke up! I look like a mess,".

"No -- you're always gorgeous,"

Claire looked at Clarisse again, her face beat red. She leaned in quickly, kissing her on the cheek.

The girls stayed in bed for a while, just talking about anything and everything. But eventually they had to get up and get ready.

_________________________________

Walking out from Claire's cabin with their hands intertwined, they looked around at all the campers running around. The camp was always pretty hectic on the day of Capture the Flag. Clarisse eventually had to part ways with Claire to go back to Ares to run down the game plan again, to which Claire nodded.

Despite the girls being on the same team, due to Clarisse's request, Claire knew her position well, just guarding the flag, and with her powers that was easy. Looking around she spotted that blonde boy from yesterday, Percy, she picked up his name while Clarisse was rambling on about what happened last night. She jogged over to the boy, slightly startling him.

He looked up at her, slight fear in his eyes, "Look if you're here to give me trouble, can it at least wait till Capture the Flag," he said looking Claire up and down in fear.

"What, no. I just wanted to formally introduce myself. I'm Claire!" she said extending her hand out.

"I'm — Percy," He shakes her hand, smiling happy someone was finally being nice to him.

"So who is your godly parent?" he asked curiously.

"My mother is Celeste, goddess of the cosmos, I'm assuming you don't know who yours is," she said giving him a knowing look.