Sᴡᴇᴇᴛ Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ

Iɴᴠɪsɪʙʟᴇ Sᴛʀɪɴɢ| Cʟᴀʀɪssᴇ Lᴀ Rᴜᴇ

"'Cause they said the end is coming
Everyone's up to something
I find myself running home to your sweet nothings
Outside, they're push and shoving
You're in the kitchen humming
All that you ever wanted from me was nothing"

__________________________________________

The teens found themselves between a furie and the one and only Medusa.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, son of Poseidon. I'm Medusa," she said, her red lips forming a smirk.

Claire looked at her girlfriend, avoiding the serpent's gaze, Clarisse shook her head a stern look on her face.

Annabeth spoke up, "Percy, don't. She's a monster,".

Medusa took a breath a paused, "We all choose who we make our monsters, but, right now, that one wants to tear you limb from limb... and I'm offering you lunch. The choice is yours," she said turning before walking away.

Percy looked around, a slight smile on his face, "I think we can trust her,".

Immediately after he said that the rest of the group yelled.

"What?"

"Dude!"

"Oh hell no!"

Claire didn't say anything she was scared, this all was starting to feel too real. She walked over, grabbed her girlfriend's hand leaning into her chest.

Percy sighed looking around, "I can't explain it, I just... My mom used to tell me her story. And the point was always that she isn't what people think. And I definitely trust my mom. So I'm going in. You guys do what you want." he said before walking off to the house.

The rest of the group looked at each other, questioning looks on their faces.

Claire inhaled, putting on a smile, letting go of Clairsse's hand, "If anything goes wrong, we can take her," she said dusting off her clothes and walking off.

Clarisse followed, going wherever her girlfriend went.

_______________________________________________________

Medusa's house was actually nice, Claire thought while looking around.

"You must be hungry. I left snacks on the table while I get something proper going," Medusa's voice boomed through the house.

Claire looked at Clarisse, "Are you going to eat it?".

"I'd rather stab my eye out, she probably poisoned that shit!" she said while pointing towards the food.