𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫: 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

☄️也許, 我愛他☄️

There was a palpable silence in the Warlock's room right now. The atmosphere was tense and no one dared to utter a single word.

Kai was still not able to look at Taehyun, feeling all sorts of emotions regarding the events that took place in the span of a week. It was crazy how things turned out in the end. If someone told Kai that that he was going to sacrifice his lifespan for a Warlock, he would have laughed at their faces, but now he can't even say anything.

Fate is weird. It's something no one can defy, no matter how much one plans to escape or change it. What's fated to happen, will happen no matter what, and no one can alter it.

"Can I ask a question as well?" Kai finally mustered up his courage to speak, breaking the silence.

"What question?" Taehyun asked, intrigued.

"Why didn't you tell me about the plan? Why did you forbid Sir Beomgyu from telling me the truth?" Kai asked the Warlock. This question was making him itch from inside. Just what was the reason that the Warlock didn't tell him that?

"Because If I did, you would try to interfere in the plan. I know you would risk your life knowing what the others were planning. That's the first reason." Taehyun started explaining.

"I couldn't bear to deal with more emotional obstacles, that much was enough. Second reason was, I wasn't in a place to be able to talk to you, since the Duke kept in check of my every movement in the castle, as he had a suspicion that I might take you and break the deal, and if Beomgyu was to open his mouth, the guards would hear it, and then my plan would flop. That specific cell was surrounded by guards, and Beomgyu had to talk loudly for you to hear, as he was tied at a good distance from you." Taehyun finished answering his questions. Kai and Sir Beomgyu exclaimed in awe from how far the Warlock actually thought of situations. He was not only smart, but incredibly observant as well.

Even Yeonjun was surprised from how much Taehyun actually observed and acted upon things, he truly was one of the smartest Warlock in the community.

"O-oh yeah...makes sense." Kai replied, going silent once again, until the Princess spoke up.

"So, everything's okay now right? The war ended, Kai is okay and Mr.Warlock is fine as well, so why the glum faces? Let's celebrate, shall we?" Princess Bahiyyih said with a happy smile, looking at the others.

"No Princess, nothing is okay right now. We have a major Problem." Taehyun interjected.

"One more problem?" Bahiyyih asked Confused. Sir Beomgyu looked confused as well. What was the problem now?

"Yeah...Yeonjun's witch mark problem." Taehyun spoke up, making everyone stunned.

"His witchmark? What about it?" Sir Beomgyu asked.

"My witchmark is corrupted because of my performance of Black magic, and it can't be reversed. Black Magic is a really forbidden topic in the Witch community, and me being a Pure magic Warlock, broke this rule. If the head-witch gets to know about it, I'll be prisoned, or worse.....sentenced to death." Yeonjun answered making everyone's eyes widen. A death sentence?

"But you did it to save someone's life! Why shall you be punished?" Prince Kai asked in bewilderment. Why would a person be punished for saving someone's life?

"It doesn't matter what you use black magic for. It's still forbidden and once they get to know about it, I'm doomed." Yeonjun sighed, looking down.

Now Kai gets it, as to why Yeonjun and Soobin were so wary about doing black magic. To know Yeonjun risked his life to save Taehyun made him emotional. Their bond was something rare, he never knew Witches and Warlocks were like this, it was totally a different story from what he heard from his elders.

These Warlocks are everything but evil and have not even an ounce of malice in their hearts. Even humans won't do this much for their Partners.

"S-so, what w-will happen to Y-Yeonjun now?" Bahiyyih asked, her voice coming out in a stutter. She was speechless with the relevantion of the situation.

"We don't know... either we have to be in hiding forever, or Yeonjun gets punished." Soobin spoke up, holding Yeonjun's hands in his in an attempt to comfort the distressed Warlock.

Everyone was worried now, what will happen to the Warlock now? Is there no way to save Yeonjun from the punishment? What kind of Judgement verdict was it? Everyone was silent, distressed about the newly arised problem until Huening Kai spoke up.

"He won't be punished." Kai spoke up, drawing all the attention to himself.

"Huh?" Yeonjun turned his head towards the Prince, raising his eyebrows.

"You won't be punished, nor do you need to live in hiding." Kai answered, standing up now.

"What do mean by that Prince?" Sir Beomgyu questioned.

"I'll take the responsibility of Yeonjun. I will protect him. He protected our kingdom and us, it's only my duty as a Prince to do the same for him." Kai said, looking determined.

"But Kai what will you do? Are you seriously planning to go against their rules and start a fight between Humans and Witches?" Princess Bahiyyih exclaimed in shock.

"If it means I get to save Yeonjun, yes I will." He replied, looking at Yeonjun.

Yeonjun was shocked, as so were Taehyun and Soobin. Kai was willing to fight a War between Humans and Witches just to save him?

If Taehyun wasn't already immensely infatuated with the Prince, he definitely was now. Prince Kai was such a kind and passionate person, who always did the right judgement and kept all his promises. No wonder everyone loved the Prince dearly. Taehyun couldn't stop the irratic beating of his heart as he saw the Determination in the Prince's face, it was such a sight to see.

He realised that maybe; all humans aren't like what he used to think, and heard about. He was wrong to think about humans like that, because Kai was a living proof of how not everyone is according to the stereotypes he believed, and he shouldn't blindly act upon them and make a fool out of himself. This was a big realisation which many people cease to avoid.

And somehow, that wasn't the only realisation he had at this moment.

"Maybe, I really do love Prince Kai."

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

Hello my Luvs!! First of all HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Starting 2024 with a new update of Warlock's Curse! Which I hope I would be able to finish this year haha.
Yes, finally our Taehyun has realised his feelings, it was due fr, now we need our dense Kai to do the same lol.

I hope y'all liked this update! Take care my Luvs, see you in the next chapter! Byee<3
-Rin💗