𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫: 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

☄️ 誤會 ☄️

"Greetings to you, Your Highness." Taehyun said with a sly smile.

The duke stared at Taehyun and raised his eyebrows asking "And who you might be?"

Taehyun proceeded to let out an airy laugh and said "I'm no one special Your Highness, I'm here to tell you about your mistake and take back what belongs to me."

The duke had no idea about what Taehyun was saying. He just waited for him to explain the situation further. But when Taehyun didn't even utter a single word, he had to ask him.

"And what do you mean by that? Care to elaborate?" The duke asked.

"Well, I'm Taehyun, Kang Taehyun. The warlock who resides in the forest. And I'm aware of the fact that You kidnapped Prince Huening Kai, and that's what your mistake is." Taehyun replied.

The duke's face was flashing in shock. Did he just hear that the person infront of him is a warlock? And he even knows about his dirty plans on that? He needs to be careful.

"So what do you want?" The duke carefully asked him, trying to be as subtle as possible.

"Well, I don't really want anything, I'm just here to inform you that kidnapping the Prince is useless, he's not the crown. The actual heir is Princess Lea. And I want Prince Kai as he's my subject for magic." Taehyun explained.

Taehyun's words had the duke rethinking his own decisions. How can a Warlock know more about him, who's after the Huening family for years? The thought made him scoff in disappointment. But then an idea came into his mind. What if he asks for the Warlock's help in return for the Prince? Great idea indeed.

"And why should I hand over the prince to you? What benefit would I have from that." The duke asked.

"The plan's finally going my way. It was easier than expected to convince him." Taehyun thought to himself.

"Well, I will help you get Princess Lea and win over their kingdom." Taehyun said.

The duke's face lit up in delight upon hearing Taehyun's words. His idea worked. Having the warlock by his side would be great. He would be easily able to defeat the Huenings with the help of Taehyun.

"Okay I approve of this idea, so shall we consider it a deal?" The duke offered smiling.

"Sure, why not." Taehyun replied.

The duke nodded and offered his hands for a handshake. Taehyun glady shook his hands, already excited about his plan.

"So can I see the Prince now?" Taehyun asked the duke.

"Sure you can, but I'll not hand him over to you until you help me get the Princess." The duke said with a smirk.

"Oh so he isn't that easy." Taehyun thought. "Sure Your Highness, I agree. Now will you take me to the Prince?" Taehyun asked the duke with the same smiled plastered on his face.

The duke nodded and gestured Taehyun to follow him. Taehyun obliged and followed the duke. The duke took him to the base of the castle, which was a damp, dark area contrasting the beautiful well-lit area of the main side of the castle. This placed seemed like the priosoners were kept here. Was Kai kept inside a prison? The thought alone made Taehyun's blood boil.

Soon, they were standing infront of a Door. The area was really dark, like pitch black. The only source of light was the Lamp in the guard's hands.

"We're here Taehyun-shii, let's enter now." The duke said, ordering the guard to open the door with the key. The guard obeyed and soon the key was inside the keyhole. The guard twisted the key and the door opened with a click sound.

Taehyun entered the room and his eyes widened to see the Prince in such condition. His hands were hanging above his head, handcuffs around his wrists tight, cutting marks into his pale skin. The area was extremely dark and uncomfortable. The Prince must be having a hard time.

Taehyun wanted to blow up the place right then and there and take Kai away, but he had to control his emotions and not act according to his impulses. Both of them would be in trouble if he did that and he also needed to know about how much information they have about Clarenmont woods.

"So the Prince is fine, I see. " Taehyun said calming himself down.

Hearing footsteps and voices, Kai started opening his eyes slowly, adjusting to the light. He opened his eyes to see the Warlock standing infront of him. His eyes widen in shock. Is he here to save him? He was about to speak up, but his voice got caught up in his throat when he heard Taehyun's words.

"Good, I'll help you get Princess Lea and take over Neanderthal soon, just keep the Prince safe for me. I need him for my magic."

What was Taehyun talking about? So he was wrong, Taehyun was just like any other witches and Warlocks too.

----------------------------------------------❥︎
Hello Luvs! As promised I'm here with a longer update~
Hope y'all liked this chapter!
Enjoy reading Luvs💙Byee
-Rin💗