Chapter 3

3rd person POV

It was roughly 3 in the afternoon when Juliet had awoken from her mid- afternoon nap. The pain that was coursing through her body had gotten the most of her and only sleep could make it go away. She wiped her face and rubbed away at the lines of dried tears on her cheeks. It had been around 2 weeks since she had been stuck in that hospital, and still her heart broke down at the thought of Daniel.

"Juliet, it's time for your medicine," Nurse Alexa, the really nice nurse that had been taking care of her said.

"Do I have to keep taking those huge green pills, they're literally the size of my pinkie," Juliet whined even though she knew that Nurse Alexa wouldn't ever budge.

"Juliet. How long has it been since you've been here?" She started her same lecture.

"2 weeks," Juliet mumbled.

"How many times have I asked you to take your medicine?" Alexa walked closer to the bed.

"14," Juliet answered.

"That's how many times you cried over not wanting to take your pills. And this time, I will force feed you your pills," Alexa scolded.

Juliet shook her head. She reached for the water and the pill and quickly swallowed it down. She shuddered at the taste and then placed her glass of water onto the tiny bedside table.

"Bye honey, have a nice day. I'll drop by in a couple hours to check on you again," The nurse waved by to Juliet and pulled the door behind her as she left.

Juliet fell back into her bed and lifted her ring to her eyes. The ring sparkled under the dull lighting in the hospital room, and made her stay a bit less drab. She smiled as she thought of the memories she and Daniel have shared in their 3 years of knowing each other.

The door opened and Juliet leaned onto her elbows to get a glimpse of who it was. Daniel. She had tears welling up in her eyes from the sight of him coming to her room. But she furiously wiped them away.

"Hi," He said, and a wave of joy overcomes Juliet.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" Juliet asked.

"Wanted to hear more of your stories," He answered truthfully.

"Well, I would love to tell you another one," Juliet said, she had high hopes that her memories would give Daniel his memories back. She was about to tell him a tale from their senior year of high school.
💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫
Juliet's POV

I stood outside of his front door, with the rain soaking into my hair, and falling on my skin. Tears had also been tracing patterns on my cheeks. I rang his doorbell, and knocked on his door. Within seconds, a worried Daniel opened the door and invited me in.

"Sugar, what wrong? Did it happen again?" He grazed his thumb along my cheek and bent down to make eye contact with me.

"It did. Dad walked in on Mom cheating on him with Dads best friend," I cried and buried my face in his chest.

He held my hand, and walked with me over to the eat- in kitchen. We sat down, and for what seemed like hours I sobbed into his chest, letting my tears stain his mint green shirt. He didn't complain. He just sat there with his arms hugging me and his hands rubbing my back to make me feel better.

I hiccuped and whispered," I'm sorry about your shirt. I must look so unattractive right now,"

He lifted my chin up and spoke boldly," Don't ever tell me you look bad, because to me your beautiful just the way you are. I love you so much," His words were bursting with passion.

"Did you just quote Bruno Mars?" I sniffles but cracked a small smile.

"Yeah, I guess I did," He grinned cheekily, and I sat up right in my chair with my chin resting in my palms.

"Your so cheesy. Chef Daniel, would you mind making us a macaroni and cheese?" I asked and kissed his cheek.

"I would love to make you Mac and cheese." He announced and pulled me close for a gentle kiss.

I blushed. "I also love to make you blush," He grinned as he put a pot of water on the stove.

For the next few hours, we laughed and watches movies. There was not one time in those hours that I had thought about my sorry excuse of a mother.

While we were watching The Fast and Furious 6, my cell phone rang loud and clear. Without looking at the caller id, I picked up and threw confused look at Daniel.

"Juliet, you no good dog! What did I tell you about keeping this a secret?" The whiny screeching of my mother came through the phone.

"Go to hell," I scowled, and Daniels hand rested in my shoulder.

"What kinda of daughter are you? Yelling at the women who raised you from a child?" She scolded.

"What kind of wife are you? Cheating on Dad with some freak? TELL ME WHAT KIND OF MOTHER YOU ARE? You never raised me, Dad raised me," I yelled through the phone, the last few words cracking because of the sobs that were breaking in my throat.

"I don't need you," The woman screamed.

"She never needed you! You don't even know how much pain you've caused her. You've caused her pain that is scaring for life. Now make the right decision and never call her again," He took the phone out of my hands to answer that woman, and gritted his teeth together while he lectured her. He quickly hung up on her.

Daniel looked at me and I looked at him.

"You okay?" He whispered while pulling me close.

"I wasn't, but now I am. Thank you," I spoke sincerely.

"Anytime, love," He said.

"I love you," I said.

"And I love you," He swiftly pulled me in for a kiss that left me in a daze.
-------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys!

I hope u guys like this chapter!

JUST TO BE CLEAR:
This flashback was from senior year of high school. They were not engaged.
ALSO: A lot of these flashbacks are not in order, so in the A/N at the end of chapters I will briefly inform u about them.

I really hope u like this chapter!

Please vote and comment!

Keep your cool,
-M😎😜😘