6. Heart Shaped Locket

"Alright, Tori I love you but your claws are digging into my skin." Tracy laughed through tears. "I never thought I'd heard you say that again!" Tori wailed, only tightening her grip on Tracy, not wanting to let go in case this was some sick dream.

"Hey, it's ok, I'm here now and I'm not letting you go again. Alright?" Tracy cried, pressing a kiss to Tori's forehead. "You promised you wouldn't leave me once, that I wouldn't lose you and what ended up happening? You died in my arms."

"Ok..so I might've lied that time but I won't freeze again,,I think but that's besides the point how about we talk about why you look completely different." Tracy sighed as Tori finally let her go. "Emi told you, didn't she?"

"Yes she did, Tori when I said take care of yourself. Going to the living world, living new lives was not what I meant!" Tracy yelled before quickly going quiet. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell. I was just panicking after what my papa said, I thought you guys had died."

"No, it's fine, to be honest I needed that." Tori sighed, running her fingers through her hair, or more so feathers. She knew that should Tracy defrost one day she would have to be honest with her.

"I just didn't want to be without you alright? You weren't just my girlfriend, you were everything. You helped me through some of the worst times of my life and afterlife and to just have that gone, I couldn't handle it."

"And you came back a bird? Why doesn't Emi look different?" Tracy asked, resting her head in Tori's lap. "Because for the most part her story stayed with the exception of her dying, mine however was a different story." Tori sighed, blinking the tears out of her eyes.

"Stolas explained it, your parent's souls had a story written for them while they were alive, beyond that there's nothing. You, despite having a soul don't have a story written for you, kinda like how other hellborn demons don't have a story written for them since they don't have a soul."

Tracy looked up at her in disbelief, not being able to grasp what she had just been told. "What was so different about your other lives?" Tracy asked hesitantly, not sure if she truly wanted to know the answer. Tori didn't answer, just looked down at her, making it clear she wasn't exactly ready to talk about it.

"Ok, if you don't want to tell me that's fine." Tracy sighed, Tori simply smiling back at her as she closed her eyes, taking a deep breath in. They didn't say anything else, nothing else needed to be said at that moment. They just wanted to enjoy each other's company.

After a few minutes Tori opened her eyes, Tracy now having taken one of the tulips out of the bouquet, plucking out its petals. "I hope you don't plan on plucking my feathers off like that." Tori laughed as Tracy looked up at her.

"Oh don't be ridiculous, I may find them pretty but I'm not going to leave you looking like a sad sack of meat and flesh." Tracy laughed, looking up at Tori. "You look pretty like this." Tracy muttered, bringing a hand up to Tori's face, letting it rest on her cheek.

"Yeah ok, don't know how you could think that with this scar on my face." Tori scoffed, tears in the corners of her eyes. The slash to the face from the extermination left her with a bad scar, she even had it during every one of her human lives.

While she didn't exactly like admitting it she was rather insecure about it, finding it to be a harsh reminder of the events that took place that day. "I think it's as pretty as your other scars." Tracy smiled, running a finger over the scar.

"Yeah alright, I got bullied for having this scar in every life. Really fucking hard to think of it as being pretty." Tori muttered, finally spotting the bouquet. "What are the flowers for?" Tori asked, picking them up.

"Well they're pretty and I love you." Tracy laughed nervously "Tracy." Tori muttered sternly as Tracy sighed. "Fine, I just thought you might be mad at me..y'know for dying and all that." Tracy laughed, tears in her eyes.

"I don't have anything to be upset about Tracy, I'm just glad you're back." Tori laughed through tears, grabbing the bouquet, noticing the expression on Tracy's face, clearly upset. "Hey, what's wrong Tracy?"

"Nothing..it's just I wish I could've protected you that day" Tracy cried, covering her mouth with her hands, muffling her sobs. "Tracy, look at me." Tori demanded, helping Tracy sit up. "I won't let you blame yourself for what happened to me that day alright?" She paused before continuing.

"You had to confront possibly your worst enemy in Hell, lost your mama shortly after and died not long after. What happened to me should be the least of your worries, ok?" Tori laughed, tears finally leaving her eyes.

"It's not just that, it's your grandma, your ex, getting killed by your parents, everything you witnessed when you arrived here." While Tracy didn't exactly want to admit it, she always felt guilty for Tori's death, having regretted letting her go home that night her parents killed her.

"Tracy you don't have to worry about me, as long as you're here now I'm alright." Tori laughed, pressing their foreheads together. "Which reminds me, I found something the day of the extermination." She laughed, reaching into her dress pockets.

Tracy watched as she pulled out the locket she had lost so many years ago. "You kept it?" She muttered, taking it from Tori. "Charlie did, even got the chain fixed. I'm in a lot of debt with her." Tori laughed as Tracy put the locket on.

"I told you a card was enough but you just didn't listen." Tracy laughed as Tori jumped on top of her. "Tori, give me some warning before doing that!" Tracy yelled as Tori laid next to her. "Nope!" Tori laughed as she laid on her side to face Tracy.

"What kind of bird are you anyway?" Tracy asked, running her fingers through Tori's feathers. "A scarlet macaw, apparently, at least to the Mayans they represented daylight and the rising sun." Tori explained.

"Can you fly?" Tracy said in aw, admiring Tori's wings. "Sorta, y'know since I wasn't around all that much I never really learned how to use 'em." Tori laughed. "They sorta remind me of my mama's wings." Tracy laughed as Tori looked at her, clearly confused.

"I thought your mama was dead?" Tori said, confused what in Hell Tracy was talking about. "That's something I'll let him explain." Tracy laughed, simply brushing it off. "Tracy, can you promise me something?" Tori asked nervously.

"Depends what that something is." Tracy laughed in response. "Promise we won't walk out on each other?" Tori muttered, holding her pinky out. "Promise." Tracy smiled, wrapping her pinky around Tori's.

A/N

I'm sorry I just couldn't wait to get this chapter out. It was just too cute to wait a week haha. Anyways for anyone reading the rewrite of the Sin series on a03 sorry for the slow updates on there, I was so busy with Miriana's Curse and HEAVY editing of the final chapters for New Life of Sin I didn't have time to write chapters for the rewrite but we're going to be back on track with at least one update a month! Love ya - Mira ᥫ᭡